Smoothest Card Handler??

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Smoothest Card Handler??

Postby Guest » August 31st, 2001, 7:01 pm

Hi All.

This is my first message here on the new genii forum. So I will get right to it.
Who is the smoothest card handler you have ever seen?? I my opinion no one is smoother than Earl Nelson. Its a dream to see him handle cards! But from what i've heard Mike Skinner was even smoother! Is that true??

Best,
Daniel

Re: Smoothest Card Handler??

Postby Guest » August 31st, 2001, 7:53 pm

I have'nt seen Mr. Nelson work...as far as "Everything I Do Is Silky Smooth", I would have to say Daryl is up there. Watching him do stuff is probably how it would be watching Data from Star Trek handle cards. Also Lee "Watch As I Do Casual Tabled Faros and Aquire A Double Faster Then You Can Turn Over A Single" Asher is pretty damned smooth too.

Postby Guest » August 31st, 2001, 8:27 pm

If smooth is the same as a soft touch, Harry Riser and Steve Freeman have the softest hands of anyone I know.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 31st, 2001, 9:40 pm

The absolute smoothest COIN handler in the world is Sol Stone. No question. What a touch!
The smoothest card handler? Jennings had a light and lovely touch ...
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » September 1st, 2001, 12:51 am

I haven't seen everybody, but the softest hands in magic that I've ever seen is no question Guy Hollingworth.

Whenver I'm struggling with a sleight I try to imagine Guy doing it, which really helps me to do it with a lighter touch.

As I think about it, I'm not sure soft is the same thing as smooth (although it's clearly related). Because I think Daryl is as smooth as Guy, but Guy still seems softer.

Robert Kane

Postby Robert Kane » September 1st, 2001, 5:38 am

Roger Klause is one of the smoothest card/coin/object handlers that I have seen. Delicate touch indeed. His demonstration of double, triple,quadruple, etc. lifts was a thing of beauty. In comparison, my hands are like two pieces of concrete crashing together...I agree with Pete...seeing the finest is a good influence and a good teacher

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Robert Kane ]

Postby Guest » September 1st, 2001, 5:13 pm

As far as the smoothest touch, my vote has to go with Bro. John Hamman.

Richard, (I'm begging here), when are we going to see The Complete Magic of Sol Stone. It's a book that needs to be written. I have never had the privilege of seeing Mr. Stone perform, but I have been a fan ever since I discovered his material in your publications.

A video would be nice too! :)

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Mike Heitkamper ]

[ September 01, 2001: Message edited by: Mike Heitkamper ]

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 1st, 2001, 11:02 pm

A Sol Stone videotape has already been shot by Meir Yedid and will be released this fall! A book of Sol's work, The Stone Age, has already been written for me by Stephen Hobbs. All the material with the exception of one or two items has already appeared in print, and I don't think it will sell well enough to break even -- books have a tough sell today!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » September 3rd, 2001, 9:44 pm

I second that Sol Stone has the smoothest hands in coin magic. I have seen him perform many times. Everything in this unpublished book should be required reading. I anxiously await the release of the videotape and the book if that ever happens.

Ed Oschmann

Postby Ed Oschmann » September 3rd, 2001, 10:25 pm

While working at Bill Malone's bar I had the wonderful opportunity to sit down with Bill and Jim Swain. I was humbled in a huge way. Both men, while very different stylistically, have a very fluid and graceful touch.

Postby Guest » September 9th, 2001, 11:46 pm

Ohio's Troy Hoosier has some of the smoothest hands in magic right now. His coin routines are a thing of beauty, even if you know what he is doing he can still get you! The worst part is as talented as he is with coins he is equally adept at card work. Chris Korn Is also an amazing talent with coins. Don't let the poorly judged (on his part) FISM stunt cloud your judgement he is one of the best coin workers in the world. He can fry the best of the best.

[ September 09, 2001: Message edited by: Jay Wethington ]

Postby Guest » September 19th, 2001, 6:16 am

Originally posted by Daniel Thomsen:
Hi All.

This is my first message here on the new genii forum. So I will get right to it.
Who is the smoothest card handler you have ever seen?? I my opinion no one is smoother than Earl Nelson. Its a dream to see him handle cards! But from what i've heard Mike Skinner was even smoother! Is that true??

Best,
Daniel

you have to see Gabriel Moreno hes able doing perfect riffle suffle on table, but with the deck covered with a handkerchief, ask Carney. Its incredible pokerdaniel@hotmail.com [email]null[/email][/LIST]

Code: Select all

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2001, 1:58 pm

This may come across as nieve, but I think that one of the smoothest hands that I have had the privledge to see have to be Jim Pace, Apollo(?sp?), and when it come to coins David Stone is not to shabby. Also have you forgot about A.Fisher he is as smooth as a baby's bottom. Just my thoughts.

Spydur

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2001, 2:01 pm

Chris Korn is the -ish!!!
I had the opportunity to meet him and he did very little, but it was awesome!!
What do you guys think about Joey Burton, he too is smooth, but in a very different way than most other magicians.

There is a lot of excellent younger talent out there as well.

Spydur

Return to “Close-Up Magic”