Four Ace Production

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

Four Ace Production

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2004, 12:10 am

I have seen past topics on this issue, but I was looking for something more fresh. I was wondering if anyone can tell about where I could learn a very instant and flashy ace production.

Thanks a lot.

Re: Four Ace Production

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2004, 3:47 am

Hi K,J.,

Earl Nelson's Variations Revisited comes to mind. Check it out! His Sleeve Aces routine is hard to beat.

Bob

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2004, 5:10 am

Fantasy Aces by Paul Harris

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » September 3rd, 2004, 6:39 am

To me, the best ace productions are where the spectator finds the aces. There are several spectator cuts the aces effects out there, but here's one so simply and effective you can't miss.

Put four aces on bottom of deck. Put deck on table. Have spectator cut the cards (don't complete cut). Then have spectator deal the bottom talon into four piles and turn over top card of each pile.

Jim Morton

Postby Jim Morton » September 3rd, 2004, 9:02 am

David Regal has a great spectator cuts to the aces. It is on volume #3 of the Magic of David Regal DVDs ("Enough with the Tricks Already"). It also in one of his books (sorry, I'm at work and can't check this). It is very easy and very effective.

Jim

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » September 3rd, 2004, 10:46 am

Gary Ouellet's "Three Second Wonder" from Close Up Illusions is a very nice (and sleight free) production of the aces. In effect, you take the pack and quickly cut it into four piles, then turn over the top card of each pile to reveal the four aces.

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2004, 12:29 pm

Thanks you guys. I was wondering where I could find instructions for the Buck Twins' work on productions.

P.S.- Pete, I love your work with the Reality Twister. Well done! ;)

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2004, 1:27 pm

I have a fast flashy Ace Production in my Small booklet "The Cardfather". Ask around and see what people think! You produce the ACE's in about 2 seconds! It is fast and visual. Anyone who has the booklet, post your thoughts!
Kind Regards,
Rick Castro

M. Sibbernsen

Postby M. Sibbernsen » September 3rd, 2004, 3:52 pm

K.J.

I emailed you a .pdf of an ace-production from my lecture notes Enigmas called "Flash Cut".

Enjoy.

Michael Sibbernsen

Postby Guest » September 6th, 2004, 3:59 pm

Thanks a lot Mike. It looks great.

Postby Guest » September 6th, 2004, 6:26 pm

Hi K.J., There is an excellent and very easy instant Four ace production in John Mendoza's 1988 Lecture Notes called Instant Aces. Mendoza says the effect should take no more than 3 or 4 seconds to do. The aces are produced from a tabled deck position in one shuffle with a very nice closing display of the aces at the end. If you're interested in hearing more, drop me an e-mail. Jess Cone, Salt Lake City,Ut.

Jacky Kahan

Postby Jacky Kahan » September 7th, 2004, 1:28 am

I was wondering where I could find instructions for the Buck Twins' work on productions
a few months ago in Genii there was a description of a nice flashy 4 ace production of the Buck Twins. I think it's called "Watch" (If i recall correctly there "was" a downloadble video of the same production on The Buck Twins site)

Of course for other productions you can always make a search on www.magicbooks.be :)

PDF:
Nursery Rhymes vol 1.2.3 by Dan and Dave

Cheers
Jacky

Edwin Corrie

Postby Edwin Corrie » September 7th, 2004, 8:36 am

Tornado Ace Production by Ashford Kneitel on the "Hit the Road" DVD

Flash Production in "The Expert's Portfolio" by Jack Carpenter (described in the trick "A Dance for the Devious")

Both these look quite similar to the Buck Twins' production from Genii, although the latter does look smooth and almost instantaneous when they do it. The Buck Twins' one is also explained on the "Hit the Road" DVD.

Richard Kaufman had what I always thought was a nice two-at-a-time ace cutting production in a set of lecture notes called "Abstract" (early 1990s).

Ricky Difeo

Postby Ricky Difeo » September 12th, 2004, 6:41 pm

Hi !

I love the Birnman Revelation (of Jack Birnman) include in book Impossibilia (Bannon).

Also, Larry Jennings Revelation from Larry Jennings Classic Magic (book and video).-

:)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 12th, 2004, 8:51 pm

If you like the "Jennings Revelation," then you may appreciate the Bruce Cervon version that's in the October Genii coming your way soon.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » September 13th, 2004, 8:08 am

Damn Richard, must you remind people of great effects like the Jennings Revelation so that everyone starts doing them... :mad:

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2004, 8:34 am

I don't know if you'd consider it flashy or fast enough, but Bill Malone's Cut High and Tie (On the Loose video, forget which volume) has four spectators cutting a small packet off the deck each and turning over the top cards simultaneously for the revelation. I've found it works well. Can be done swiftly with a minimum of fuss.

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » September 13th, 2004, 8:56 am

Originally posted by Carl Mercurio:
Damn Richard, must you remind people of great effects like the Jennings Revelation so that everyone starts doing them... :mad:
It's in print, Carl. I wouldn't fret that many are likely to begin doing it until it shows up on the DVD-of-the-Week selection on one of the more popular Internet magic shops.

John LeBlanc

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 13th, 2004, 10:35 am

The Jennings Revelation is too difficult for most people to do, so I wouldn't worry about that.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » September 13th, 2004, 10:49 am

You're right, John. What's that old line? Something like, "If you really want to protect a magic secret then just publish it."

Originally posted by John W. LeBlanc:
Originally posted by Carl Mercurio:
[b] Damn Richard, must you remind people of great effects like the Jennings Revelation so that everyone starts doing them... :mad:
It's in print, Carl. I wouldn't fret that many are likely to begin doing it until it shows up on the DVD-of-the-Week selection on one of the more popular Internet magic shops.

John LeBlanc [/b]

Postby Guest » September 13th, 2004, 10:52 am

Wanna see a really flashy ace production?
Go here and click on the first link called "Four Ace Production".

Carl Mercurio

Postby Carl Mercurio » September 13th, 2004, 11:02 am

Very nifty, Uli. Not the best camera work, but I get the idea. Cool.

Edwin Corrie

Postby Edwin Corrie » September 13th, 2004, 1:44 pm

The September Genii only arrived here last week, so I guess I'll have to wait a bit for the October one. Is the Bruce Cervon trick the one he does on the Hit the Road DVD?

Randy Wakeman has several versions of the Jennings Revelation in "Special Effects".

Jacky Kahan

Postby Jacky Kahan » September 13th, 2004, 2:04 pm

Uli,
the link you've submitted reminds me a David Acer ace production. I read it, but never saw it live.. seems a lot like it... or isn't it?

cheers
Jacky
www.magicbooks.be

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » September 13th, 2004, 2:52 pm

David Acer's ace production has a similar visual look but it's unlike most of these four-at-once sort of productions where it's screamingly obvious that the cards are all coming off the top.

In David's version one ace is produced, spilt in two and the two aces are used to split the pack into two halves whereupon all aces are seen in a similar display. More deceptive in my opinion...

I believe it's taught on Extreme Close-Up.

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » September 13th, 2004, 5:52 pm

Originally posted by Bill Duncan:
David Acer's ace production has a similar visual look but it's unlike most of these four-at-once sort of productions where it's screamingly obvious that the cards are all coming off the top.

In David's version one ace is produced, spilt in two and the two aces are used to split the pack into two halves whereupon all aces are seen in a similar display. More deceptive in my opinion...

I believe it's taught on Extreme Close-Up.
If that's the same one I'm thinking about, it's called "Lickety Flip" and it's explained in David's excellent book, "Natural Selections."

John LeBlanc

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » September 13th, 2004, 6:49 pm

That's the one John!

Postby Guest » September 26th, 2004, 6:57 pm

When I re-read Pete McCabe's suggestion in Gary Ouellet's Close-up Illusions, it reminded me of a similar one in Volume 4 of Harry Lorayne's bound/collected Apocalypse. If I get a chance, I'll look it up and post it here.

Jon

magicfish

Postby magicfish » January 25th, 2005, 8:41 pm

my favourite four ace revelation while seated is Randy Wakeman's A Dime A Dozen.
Some others i love are Telstar Aces- Nash
Gymnastic Aces- Le Paul
Halo Again- Lorayne

Postby Guest » January 26th, 2005, 8:00 am

Re: Revelation (and other 4 card productions)

I recently posted a vid-clip that showcases several 4 card productions... the last segment is the Diamond Revelation (Cervon's method for the Jenning's effect... as published in a recent Genii.)

Check out the "Queen Combo" here:
http://www.dougconn.com/videos.htm

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2005, 10:00 am

Former Dvd of the week: Cultural Exchange -with Shoot & Apollo- Has a very visual, snappy production ( a combination of Lenard green, Tarbell vol# 4, and darryl's)called Toast Aces. It takes about 2 weeks of 30-60min of daily practice to get, but once you get it, its a cool flashy production. (it is one of those flourishy things that vernon said is killing magic... but in the right context with the right group... it cool.)

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2005, 10:23 am

Doug, I just check out your vid. Way cool... very nice. (but then you probable know that)

Return to “Close-Up Magic”