CLASSIC COLLECTION, VOL. 2

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Harry Lorayne

CLASSIC COLLECTION, VOL. 2

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 18th, 2007, 9:28 pm

Many are sending me their email address to put on my email address list to be advised when (and IF)I do LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, VOLUME 2. If I do it, it will be my re-write, upgrading, updating, etc., of REPUTATION-MAKERS, RIM SHOTS and AFTERTHOUGHTS. Need some feedback -would you like to see Volume 2? Anyway, if you're interested and if you're not already on my email list, send your email address to: harrylorayne@earthlink.net. Best HARRY LORAYNE.

Harry Lorayne

Re: CLASSIC COLLECTION, VOL. 2

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 18th, 2007, 9:32 pm

I wish I knew what all that abour "poll" and "voting" at bottom of my post is all about!! Probably something I did wrong - 'cause I'm a lousy computer person. So ignore all that stuff. What I want is your feedback re: Do I want to do all that work and write LORAYNE: THE CLASSIC COLLECTION, VOL. 2, and send me your email address if you want to be on my email-address list. HARRY LORAYNE.

Postby Guest » November 18th, 2007, 10:10 pm

No!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 18th, 2007, 10:14 pm

Harry, instead of clicking the button "New Topic" you clicked on "Post a Poll." That's why the poll is there.
You can copy your text, then delete the entire thread by deleting your origina message, and start a new thread--just paste your copied message into it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 19th, 2007, 7:07 am

Thanks, Richard. I keep telling you - I'm a lousy computer person. So, I'll just leave it as is, rather than screw it up further. Okay?

Rfidman2002: Sorry, but "no" WHAT?? I'm also bad at riddles. HL

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2007, 7:24 am

I think the guy from Chicago meant no thank you ;)

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 19th, 2007, 8:08 am

J Carey: Nah; nobody could be that stupid! HL

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2007, 8:29 am

I'd really like to see Vol 2. Really enjoy Vol 1.

Tom

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2007, 8:46 am

Classic Collection Vol 2 containing Afterthoughts, Rimshots and Reputation Makers is a must. Then after that Classic Collection Vol 3 containing Quantum Leaps, Trendsetters and the rest must be published.

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2007, 9:21 am

I too would love to see another volume...

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2007, 9:23 am

I am a massive Harry Lorayne fan and would dearly love to see Vol 2 - Soon

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 19th, 2007, 9:32 am

Well, thanks guys. I do need as much feedback as I can get, to help me decide. Incidentally, you folks above haven't sent me your email addresses. Please do so, so that you'll be advised when and if the book is available. Let me assure you that no one else will see those addresses. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Postby Guest » November 19th, 2007, 9:36 am

YESPLEASEHARRYYESPLEASEHARRYYESPLEASEHARRY.

Thank you, Sir.

Darren :)

Postby Guest » November 20th, 2007, 10:16 am

Hmmm..I know I have Afterthoughts (signed) since it first came out for sure, but not sure of the other two, but, heck, I am always interested in any Lorayne book....I WOULD DEFINITELY GO FOR VOLUME 2! GO FOR IT, HARRY!

Besides, Vol. 1 looks so lonely on the shelf ;)

Postby Guest » November 20th, 2007, 10:51 am

Dear Harry,

Yes, please! Go for it! Can't wait! (Even though I have the original books, the updates will be well worth the money in themselves!)

Paul Gordon

Postby Guest » November 20th, 2007, 11:07 am

Mr L

Put me down in the 'Yes Please' column or the the 'Definitely Will Purchase' column or any other column you consider appropriate (anywhere, in fact, except the non-existent 'Not Interested' column or the recently created 'S***list' column.

Have I made myself clear?

Best Regards

Andrew Murphy

(P.S. And you should already have my e-mail address - so you can tick the 'e-mail column' too if you have one.)

:)

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 20th, 2007, 11:24 am

Yes, Andrew, you are already on my email list, so you will definitely be advised when and if THE CLASSIC COLLECTION,VOL. 2 is available. Thanks for you support. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Postby Guest » November 20th, 2007, 11:45 am

i will be purchasing this second volume when it is published. so yes, you can put me down as another person that is interested.

Postby Guest » November 20th, 2007, 12:41 pm

Put me in the yes column. I have the originals and would still buy it. If it has Lorayne on the cover a copy must be on my shelf.

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 20th, 2007, 4:04 pm

I think we can safely assume that Harry would like to hear if you ARE interested. If so, please post here so he can guage the level of interest and send him your e-mail address.

David Linsell

Postby David Linsell » November 20th, 2007, 7:40 pm

While I would never get rid of my copies of the original books, I would welcome updates on all of them in one bound volume.

My only small request would be to make it the same dimensions and appearance as Classic Collections Vol. 1, so it would make a nice presentation on the shelve.

Put me down as a strong YES!

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » November 20th, 2007, 9:35 pm

Add me in the list of those are interesting and my e mail are majikmaninga at aol dot com in your list for the future use.

Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill McFadden

Postby Bill McFadden » November 21st, 2007, 12:01 pm

Part of me wants those not owning Rim Shots, Reputation Makers, and Afterthoughts to go out and hunt down copies the way I did.

The other part has me sending HL a check for CC Vol. 2. I'd buy it just to read HL's "afterthoughts" on this material 30+ years since it was first published. And now, back to work on HaLo Aces.

Happy Thanksgiving, Harry, and Richard, and everyone!

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 21st, 2007, 1:19 pm

Hi Bill: You are, of course, already on my email list, so you'll be notified when and if CLASSIC COLLECTION 2 is available. HAPPY TURKEY! (To you, and all.) HARRY LORAYNE.

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » November 21st, 2007, 3:36 pm

I have all of Harry's books, even some of the memory and math books. I would be interested in anything new, even if it's a compilation of the older materail -- provided that Harry adds his comments, updates, etc.

However, my muchly-annotated copy of Close-Up Card Magic can never be replaced -- it has too many fond memories. The original ad for this book is one of the best magic ads of all time -- especially the line about if the pages were all rendered blank, the purchaser would still feel he had his money's worth.

Harry -- I think you were going to email me a pdf of CUCM at one point. My new email address is trickmail@cogeco.ca

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 21st, 2007, 3:45 pm

Bob: The free email download of Close-Up Card Magic was automatically sent along to those who requested it when they purchased BEST OF FRIENDS, Vol.3. I'll email you personally. HARRY LORAYNE.

Postby Guest » November 21st, 2007, 5:19 pm

Harry, please count me in.
Don

Eric DeCamps

Postby Eric DeCamps » November 22nd, 2007, 7:41 am

Hi Harry!

Yes, count me as one the many interested persons for a release of Classic Collections 2.

I have all the original books but would love to read the updated versions.

I'd also like to thank you for all of your advice and encouragement through the years.

Best,

Eric DeCamps

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » November 22nd, 2007, 7:51 am

Count me in!! I already have the originals but would love a collected re-written set. Please think about adding Quantum Leaps to volume 2, as well.

Thanks Harry!

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 22nd, 2007, 7:55 am

My pleasure, Eric.

Evan: QUANTUM LEAPS wouldn't fit - would make for an unwieldy-sized book. Have to keep that for volume 3(!) along with TREND SETTERS and, perhaps, THE MAGIC BOOK. What a terrible thought - gotta' think only re: Vol. 2 right now. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » November 22nd, 2007, 8:02 am

Add me to the list Harry. You should put all our names in the preface and that way, it will be forever in print that we all wanted a copy LOL

Postby Guest » November 22nd, 2007, 11:28 am

Harry, PLEASE do it!
I started magic 3 years ago, and for the last 4 months I've been working on Classic Collection vol.1 ( working through Close up Card Magic section ). I also recently got Apoclypse magazine vol.1.

I never met a magician before or seen one. But your books are written in a very unique way of you talking to me. Which is why i love them so much.

Its not fair. You guys got to read awesome books of the 80s and 70s, while we miss them. I tracked down CardMagic by Richard Kaufman and hardly found it, same goes to Effective Card Magic by Bill Simon ( i hear dover got a version ) and Stranko on Cards. Would be awesome if you, Mr.Lorayne, save me the effort of tracking your books and just release the damn collection :mad:

~ Feras Kharboush

Postby Guest » November 23rd, 2007, 9:08 pm

Please add me to the list Harry - I have volume one and have to say it is a great resource. Beside, my paperback copy of Rimshots deserves a hard back! I've ordered from you in the past, so I think you have my email.

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 25th, 2007, 7:28 am

Tedski: Yes, your address is on my email list. You will be notified whern and if THE CLASSIC COLLECTION II is available. Thanks. Best - HARRY LORAYNE.

Rick Ruhl

Postby Rick Ruhl » November 26th, 2007, 5:32 am

Once Harry has your email address, he keeps it forever, IN HIS BRAIN! LOL. Remember his books on memory. Im sure he could spout off our names, email addresses, spouses, animals, etc etc etc

Harry Lorayne

Postby Harry Lorayne » November 26th, 2007, 7:12 am

You betcha! Rick.

Postby Guest » November 27th, 2007, 11:22 am

i would love to see vol.2 volume 1 is one of the best videos yet, beats the hell out of some of that garbage they have at penguinmagic email me justinmorton66@hotmail.com

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 27th, 2007, 11:47 am

Camron, it's not a video ... it's a book.

Postby Guest » November 27th, 2007, 12:07 pm

that's what my circle calls books

Postby Guest » November 27th, 2007, 12:10 pm

Your 'circle' calls 'videos' books? Don't they get confused??

Paul Gordon

Return to “Close-Up Magic”