mentalism: any card at any number

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
Ravi

mentalism: any card at any number

Postby Ravi » March 18th, 2002, 11:35 am

is there a practical way of performing it? Barrie Richardson and his book "theater of the mind"( best book in years!) may help but...
I have been doing close up for 15 years now, neglecting completely this effect. Now that i want to step over certain limitations inherent in close up magic,I would like to discuss this trick with you. It has incredibile potential. Do you perform it? What is your presentation? :rolleyes:

Re: mentalism: any card at any number

Postby Guest » March 18th, 2002, 4:42 pm

Ted Lesley has a very practical solution to that effect in his instructions that come with his "Working MENTALISTS Deck". It is a great solution to it. I also have a similar version that was published in Mind and Magic and on GeMiNi (and an upcoming book of mine).

Mark Strivings offers 7 solutions (using a similar concept kind of a merger of "open prediction" and "Any card at any number")in his book "To Pay the Price".

Hope those help.
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
http://www.mindguy.com

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » March 19th, 2002, 12:39 am

There's a very interesting method called Open And Shut Case in Ken Krenzel's "CloseUp Impact" by Stephen Minch.

It uses a stack and a gaffed card box. It seems quite practical. It is a right handed method if that matters.

As for presentation:
Suggest an experiment wherein you "send" a number and a card value to an audience member and hand the deck to him to confirm that he has received them correctly by dealing to the card. A near miss might play well... he says eight of spades and finds the eight of clubs at his number.

walkinoats

Postby walkinoats » March 19th, 2002, 7:47 pm

Michael Close,in his Workers series, has some excellent approaches to "any card, at any number" as well as some card stacking routines.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”