new deck order

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.

new deck order

Postby Guest » February 2nd, 2002, 8:37 am

I am spending time with stacked and memorized deck routines and was in need of obtaining effects that would keep the deck in new deck order before going into the stacked deck rouine. Any help and ideas? Thanks ahead of time. Barry Mink

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: new deck order

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 2nd, 2002, 7:54 pm

I think Derek Dingle's "Rollover Aces" can, or can be modified to, keep the deck in new order (the suits come out in order at the climax).
Don't listen to what some magicians say: "Rollover Aces" is a killer trick for laymen!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2002, 10:51 am

"Don't listen to what some magicians say: "Rollover Aces" is a killer trick for laymen! "

Amen to that. Who said it wasn't strong to laymen? I think it is an incredible effect.

Alpen

Postby Alpen » February 4th, 2002, 8:52 am

Bill Kalush has an amazing effect in which the a card is selected, the deck is shuffled face-up, face-down (Triumph style), the deck straightens itself out, with the exception of the two jokers, which are sandwiching the selection, and as another climax, the deck is in new deck order. So, in essence, it is a sandwich, triumph, and regression to new-deck order effect all in one. I'm not sure where or if this is in print, but if you contact me, I can try to help you out.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”