Quarks & Quirks

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.

Quarks & Quirks

Postby Guest » April 24th, 2002, 11:19 am

I have seen this advertised in the past was considering it, and just wanted to get some feedback on it.
-Any opinions?
-Is it worth the money?
-Are the effects practical?
-Skill level required?

I am a big Ben Harris fan!
Actually I am a big fan of his Off the Wall Book.
I perform 4 Corners on a regular basis for magicians before going into any matrix or similar routine! Plus his handling of card to matchbox is quite nice! I used it quite a bit in the past until I started using a version of card to Goshman purse I learned from David Acer and Richard Sanders Video "Roadkillers"
Actually I saw Richard perform this Routine at the Magic Castle in Hollywod and simply loved it!
by the way they happen too be my two favorite magicians! Plus they are both super nice guys!

Actually they paid me $20 to say that! $500 Canadian. j/k David!
Since I began using this routine I have sold all my card to wallets, mystery box, all other methods!
P.S. I already knew how it was done but did not use it because it was not mine, I sure am glad it was released on video!

Well I hope to get some feedback from you guys!!!

Thanks,
Rick Castro :D :D :D

Adam Brooks

Re: Quarks & Quirks

Postby Adam Brooks » April 24th, 2002, 6:07 pm

I am a huge fan of topological magic, and so when I first heard about Harris' "journey beyond the tear", I couldn't wait to get Q+Q. There are some very cool ideas in there, and I stress the word "ideas." Yes, there are a couple of nice effects in here, but the real treasure in this booklet is reading the work of an intelligent and highly creative individual like Ben Harris.

Q+Q, IMHO, is a book more of tools than anything else. Read it as a student would receive help from a teacher, as a "I'll give you a starting point, now run with it" attitude.

From previous threads on Q+Q, I think similar comments were made. Anyway, the above is a long-winded way of saying the booklet is highly reccommended, especially if you're a thinker AND a doer.

My two pesos,

Adam

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 24th, 2002, 7:37 pm

I agree: what gave me the most pleasure in reading Quarks and Quirks was that it was INTERESTING.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Andy Hurst

Postby Andy Hurst » April 24th, 2002, 7:56 pm

Originally posted by Adam Brooks:
Q+Q, IMHO, is a book more of tools than anything else. Read it as a student would receive help from a teacher, as a "I'll give you a starting point, now run with it" attitude.
Is that another way of saying "It's just like the half-finished stuff he put in Genii a month ago"?

Postby Guest » April 25th, 2002, 2:06 am

It contains some useful "tools" from which you can extrapolate.

And it contains some practical effects that use those tools.

Dave

Return to “Light From the Lamp”