Praise for Constant Fooling

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.

Praise for Constant Fooling

Postby Guest » August 5th, 2002, 9:52 pm

Just a quick comment or two about David Regal's new two volume set. My local dealer had about ten copies of the two volume set on friday, mostly reserved copies, and I heard that he's already sold out.

I got my set last friday (August 2), and spent many hours this weekend working through maybe 10 percent of the material. The hardest part was deciding which volume and section to read next.

Now I understand why David had so many people contribute to his wonderful article in Genii a few months ago. He's too busy thinking and writing up all this wonderful stuff. I am simply amazed at the quality of these two books, Not only the material, but the clarity of the presentation.

I bought his previous book "Close up and Personal" when he lectured here in Minnesota a year ago, and this book has been one of my favorites. Constant Fooling is laid out very similarly. I can tell that it was a labor of love.

Some of the new material is also on his three volume set of tapes and lecture notes, so now, armed with "Close up and Personal", the new "Constant Fooling", and his three tapes, I am now in a near overdose of Regalia. Yipee!

Paul Green

Re: Praise for Constant Fooling

Postby Paul Green » August 5th, 2002, 10:04 pm

Have to agree! David Regal's newest publications are filled with some mighty good Magic and routines.

I have "fried" a number of magicians with some of the material. I also wish that I had a "Nana Etta" to record for me. The Little Black Book routine is excellent.

Constant Fooling gets my highest reccommendations

Regards,

Paul Green

PS I gain nothing from the sale of any of David Regal's material. :D :D :D

Lisa Cousins

Postby Lisa Cousins » August 7th, 2002, 9:04 am

These are just a flat-out joy to read. I find myself reading patter passages aloud to anybody lucky enough to be in my periphery.

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » August 7th, 2002, 10:00 am

Lisa, my dear...time to cut back on the coffee! The name is "Regal," not "Regale."

David BTW was aptly named. Third definition befits his works and presence: "Stately; splendid."
Add: "Fooling but never foolish."

His books?
"Must reading" (as they used to say)...

Onward..

Lisa Cousins

Postby Lisa Cousins » August 7th, 2002, 10:51 am

Jon, it is my nature to gush. (My nature, fortified by several gallons of coffee per day.)

I'm sure that many people will review these books with an eye toward usable material. I'm sure they'll find it. I'm sure I'll try some of it myself. But I'm praising it as READING MATERIAL, on its own terms. It's like attending a magical presentation where all of the works and gears and pulleys are blatantly revealed as the magic unfolds, and yet this only serves to increase the enjoyment.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”