Lennart Green's "Blinking Eye"

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Lennart Green's "Blinking Eye"

Postby Matthew Field » January 18th, 2002, 9:03 am

Before I post my opinions of Lennart Green's "Blinking Eye," which I recently bought from A-1 (since I'll buy anything with Mr. Green's name on it), I'm wondering whether any other Forum members have seen it.

Matt Field

Re: Lennart Green's "Blinking Eye"

Postby Guest » January 18th, 2002, 2:46 pm

I'm not familiar with it. Is it a trick? Video? Manuscript? Lennart Green has a body of work that is as unique (bad usage, I know) as that of any magician, but his recent set of video tapes did not serve him particularly well.

But I look forward to any new release he has.

Bill Mullins

Postby Guest » January 18th, 2002, 8:23 pm

I saw it and thought it was really cool, I would love to work it into a routine.

Noah Levine

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » January 21st, 2002, 6:50 am

OK -- here we go.

As I stated, I am a great admirer of Lennart Green. I logged onto the A1 Magicalmedia site so i could purchase Andrew Wimhurst's video, about which I guess you'll read more from Joe Turner, and saw this being promoted. New from Lennart Green, $25.

Oy. It is a greeting card which is a plastic sleeve with an inner cardboard insert which you can move back and forth with your finger. When you do, a picture of an eye, about 4 inches wide, blinks. It's one of those animation things done with black stripes printed on the sleeve and several different views printed on the insert, so only one portion of the picture is visible at any moment.

Is this magical? Not to me. Is it worth $25? Not to me. It looks like what it is, a greeting card probably priced at about $10 (like those pop-up cards). You can't do a trick and manipulate this at the same time, unless you've either mastered a one-handed version of something or your letting the spectator do the work.

It includes some suggestions for its use by several magicians I respect, but to me this is one huge dud.

P.S. -- the Andrew Wimhurst video is spectacular, for advanced card handlers only. More about that anon.

Matthew Field
(not trying to usurp Danny Orleans' or David Oliver's turf)

Postby Guest » January 21st, 2002, 9:13 am

25 bucks wow, that is a bit much.

Noah Levine

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2002, 8:36 am

Lennart Green demonstrated this effect at last year's A-1 convention, and I was decidedly underwhelmed. I believe the majority of my collegues shared the same opinion.

I too am an unabashed Lennart Green fan, Matt, and probably would have made the same purchase without the preview. What's the bromide about feet of clay?

Randy Campbell

Return to “Light From the Lamp”