Yet another one by Tom Stone

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Tom Stone

Yet another one by Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » August 24th, 2004, 9:11 pm

Oh, yes! I've made yet another e-book. It's titled "Deserting the Legion", and I'm quite happy with this one. It will be available for, I guess, a week or two.

It can be found at:
http://shop.tomstone.se

pduffie

Re: Yet another one by Tom Stone

Postby pduffie » August 25th, 2004, 6:05 am

Looks like another winner from Tom. Contains: a great Book Test, clever Double force by Tomas Blomberg, excellent thinking re- Hamman's "Signed Card," magic with a pen cap, and a full routine for the Ball & Cone. Five great routines lavishly illustrated (Ball & cone has 44 drawings alone!). I recommend you get this before it vanishes in a couple of weeks.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » August 26th, 2004, 2:17 pm

Tom Stone's e-books are such a joy! He's a clever magician, an excellent writer, and an outstanding illustrator.

His new one, "Deserting the Legion" is first-rate. There's a very good, almost impromptu, book test, a very nice variant of the Henry Christ force by Tomas Blomberg (another fabulous magician), a cute effect by Jonas Ljung where you take the cap off a pen -- then it suddenly becomes re-capped and you take it off again.

But my two favorites are "Occhamman Now!" which is a variation of the Bro. John Hamman "Signed Card" effect which shows some very insightful thinking, and Tom's fabulous work on the Ball and Cone effect made famous by Vernon. As Peter Duffie stated above, this is magnificently illustrated and breathes new life into this neglected trick.

Tom's books remain available for a very limited time, so pounce now.

Matt Field

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » August 27th, 2004, 11:56 am

Just ordered Tom's new book ... snooze and you lose as Toms products are not always for sale ... I highly recommend Tom's work ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Cohiba

Postby Cohiba » August 28th, 2004, 7:26 am

I just checked the website, and Mr. Stone's work looks very interesting! Unfortunately, it's almost all out of print. Will these e-books ever be offered again?

David Regal

Postby David Regal » August 28th, 2004, 11:13 pm

I am a fan of Tom's, and his new book is terrific. Tom's thinking, coupled with his superb illustrations, make for an extremely high quality offering. Check out the book test! And if you do the Ball & Cone, or have ever thought of doing it, this book is a must-have.

Tom Stone

Postby Tom Stone » September 6th, 2004, 7:29 pm

The manuscript will become unavailable tomorrow evening (or the morning after) as I need to focus my attention elsewhere. Thanks for all the kind words!

-Tom Stone

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » September 6th, 2004, 7:31 pm

David ... shhhhh ... let's keep the ball and cone routine quiet ...
Producer of MINDvention

mentalism convention

Joe M. Turner
Favorite Magician: Fred Kaps

Postby Joe M. Turner » September 6th, 2004, 8:52 pm

If Tom had a pre-pay subscription list, I'd join it. I've missed a publication here or there by not seeing the notice soon enough, and I regret it. Everything I've read from him has been thoughtful on his side and thought-provoking on my side... which is perhaps the best combination you can hope to achieve.

JMT

Return to “Light From the Lamp”