At the Bookstore

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

At the Bookstore

Postby Steve Bryant » September 23rd, 2005, 8:26 pm

Just returned from Barnes and Noble, where the hardback of David Blaine Mysterious Stranger was remaindered for $5.99. Also noted Paul Zenon's Street Magic, which reveals far more than I usually like to see revealed in a book at Barnes and Noble. It would make a great gift though for someone wishing a quick start into magic. AND the complete New Yorker (80 years on cd) is in the stores. $100 there but available from Amazon etc. for $63. It will be fun to check for old magic articles.

Chris Aguilar

Re: At the Bookstore

Postby Chris Aguilar » September 23rd, 2005, 8:33 pm

I noticed a really excellent hardback beginners magic book (Can't remember the title) by Einhorn at our local Border's books being remaindered for only 5.99.

Postby Guest » September 23rd, 2005, 10:11 pm

I saw it also ,Chris, and I wished there were

books like it when I was a beginner. But when I

was a beginner magic books were written on a

shovel.....no that was Abraham Lincoln's homework!

Mike Walsh

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » September 24th, 2005, 12:36 am

Geez, when I was starting out in magic, the world was filled with disco and white leisure suits.

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2005, 2:05 am

Originally posted by Chris Aguilar:
I noticed a really excellent hardback beginners magic book (Can't remember the title) by Einhorn at our local Border's books being remaindered for only 5.99.
I picked up a remaindered copy of Nicholas Einhorn's The Art of Magic and Sleight of Hand very cheaply. A remarkably well-written book, with excellent photos.

Aimed at beginners, but useful for anybody.

Dave

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Hey Jeff, I remember disos and leisure suits but

mine was pale blue , but you forgot the platform

shoes and the bell bottom pants and the shirts

that looked like a Jackson Pollock painting. I

was in my esrly thirtys then......Mike

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Help me out here folks. I'm a brand new poster to this forum and I don't understand something that I'm sure is perfectly obvious to everyone else.
When I see "LIGHT FROM THE LAMP" on the first page and look to the right, under the heading "TOPICS" it says 200. But when I click on "LIGHT FROM THE LAMP" only 7 topics come up. What am I doing wrong?

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2005, 7:12 pm

Originally posted by Mayfielder:
Help me out here folks. I'm a brand new poster to this forum and I don't understand something that I'm sure is perfectly obvious to everyone else.
When I see "LIGHT FROM THE LAMP" on the first page and look to the right, under the heading "TOPICS" it says 200. But when I click on "LIGHT FROM THE LAMP" only 7 topics come up. What am I doing wrong?
Look near the top of the page when you first get into Light From The Lamp and you'll see a pull-down menu where you can specify how far back in time you wish to see the topics posted. If you are only seeing seven topics in Light From The Lamp, then your filter is set to show only the last thirty days. Change the filter to show topics regardless of date, and you'll see all 200...

Postby Guest » September 25th, 2005, 5:29 pm

Mayfielder, don't feel bad. I've been a member

since 2001 and did not know that.Welcome to the

forum. Jump right in. You won't be the First of

May ( old carnival term for a newcomer ) long.

Mike

Postby Guest » September 26th, 2005, 7:01 pm

Originally posted by once a magician:
Originally posted by Mayfielder:
[b] Help me out here folks. I'm a brand new poster to this forum and I don't understand something that I'm sure is perfectly obvious to everyone else.
Look near the top of the page when you first get into Light From The Lamp and you'll see a pull-down menu where you can specify how far back in time you wish to see the topics posted. If you are only seeing seven topics in Light From The Lamp, then your filter is set to show only the last thirty days. Change the filter to show topics regardless of date, and you'll see all 200... [/b]
Thanx, once a magician, that worked just fine. Seems so obvious now.
BTW, my apologies, Steve Bryant, for intruding on your thread with my question. I didn't know where else to go and your thread was the first one on this board so I put it there.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”