Tom Stone on Balls

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Tom Stone

Tom Stone on Balls

Postby Tom Stone » August 24th, 2007, 11:39 pm

Hello. I've made yet another little ebook:
The Eye of the Last Dragon. The topic is the Multiplying Balls.
If anyone find this interesting, it can be found at:
http://shop.tomstone.se

(To avoid misunderstanding, it does not contain any whole routines, no material that is workable and no real answers are given. I myself would hesitate to spend $15 on it - but then again, I don't have to, since I know the author ;) )

Re: Tom Stone on Balls

Postby Guest » August 25th, 2007, 8:46 am

Why is it that I'm a bigger fan of Tom Stone than Tom Stone is? I like his e-books very much. They are amazingly well-illustrated and contain more useful information than many DVDs that go for twice the cost. The "Last Dragon" book is filled with alternate ways of looking at the shell as a gimmick, and had me seeing the balls in a new light. The "Plots" book has some phenomenally clever and entertaining routines. Tom mixes self-working methods with sleight of hand methods - whatever it takes to get the job done, and that's the way I like it.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 25th, 2007, 9:27 am

I am extremely jealous that Stephen Minch is going to publish Tom Stone's book.

TOM--get off your ass and finish the book! :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2007, 1:59 am

Yes, Tom did make me pick up one of my never used sets of billiard balls.
As I expected, a hell of a good read and enough practical leads to reconsider why I've never used them before!

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » August 28th, 2007, 3:07 am

Tom Stone's "The Eye of the Last Dragon" is much more than a book on billiard ball magic. It is a look at how magicians approach props and effects, how we too easily fall into the trap of adopting methods and story lines from the past, how we close our eyes to the potential of things which may seem familiar to us.

Along the way, Tom gives the reader new ways to approach magic, not just with the balls. But I do not mean to diminish his innovative ideas using those objects. he combines the balls and shell with a Topit for some extraordinary magic, adapts gimmicks in original ways, and even comes up with what might be a totally new effect (in his Negative Structure section).

People from Geoffrey Buckingham to Richard Kaufman have fallen in love with the idea of billiard ball manipulation and written excellent texts. But Tom Stone has taken the balls into the 21st century with some startlingly new and refreshing ideas, elegantly expressed and well illustrated.

pduffie

Postby pduffie » September 3rd, 2007, 7:05 am

I have been away from home and only just got down to reading this book. I used to love billiard ball manips and this has rekindled my interest! A great read full of clever concepts!

Peter

Return to “Light From the Lamp”