Animated Card Thru Card Balloon of Death

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.

Animated Card Thru Card Balloon of Death

Postby Guest » November 27th, 2004, 1:16 pm

:whack: :confused: Is there a review of this effect? (The description sounds a little too good.)

Thx

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Animated Card Thru Card Balloon of Death

Postby Matthew Field » November 29th, 2004, 3:46 am

There might be a review somewhere, but the effect was released more than 15 years ago.

Matt Field

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2004, 12:20 pm

If you get a chance to see Kevin James lecture or perform you will buy this - it really does catch people off guard - and the effect is beautiful - could be done close up with very little to worry about - but prob best suited to the stage. imho though the balloons in these types off effect do look like condoms to me ! - perhaps that could be a new presentation although card thru the condom of death may put people off a little !

Randy

Postby Randy » November 29th, 2004, 2:15 pm

Hi Dick,

I actually purchased this trick about 12 years ago and really enjoyed practicing and performing it. If you move forward, I would recommend that you also purchase quite a few replacement shim cards as they seem to wear out fairly fast. Good luck.

Postby Guest » December 16th, 2004, 12:40 pm

I haven't see the ABoD, but Kevin James products tend to be performance tested and well thought out.

Mp

Postby Guest » January 19th, 2005, 1:10 pm

By the description of the balloon is sounds like this uses the same principal/technology as the old Needle Though Balloon, correct? (I always did find the white balloons a little freaky.)

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2005, 11:03 am

This is an excellent trick. Kevin taught it at his lecture at Blackpool a few years back...really has a great impact on the audience and seems completely impossible...If i remember correctly, however, there is quite a lengthy set up!
Owen

Randy

Postby Randy » February 3rd, 2005, 1:03 pm

Hi Dick,

The technology/principal are NOT the same as the "needle thru balloon". There is a bit of set up but I think the effect is well worth the effort. As stated earlier, this COULD be done close-up but is probably best suited for parlour/stand-up venues. Good luck.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”