Doves 101 vs. Encyclopedia of Dove Magic

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.

Doves 101 vs. Encyclopedia of Dove Magic

Postby Guest » August 31st, 2007, 9:34 pm

i want to get started in dove magic, but i wanted to pick up a book or dvd before i made any big decisions. i have read a lot about both of these, but I haven't seen them compared side by side. Please let me know if there is already a post on this subject, but, if not, I would greatly appreciate anyone's input. also, if there are other books/dvds out there worth mentioning please let me know. thanks very much!!

- Ryan

P.S.
Do either talk about clothing. Thanks again!!

Re: Doves 101 vs. Encyclopedia of Dove Magic

Postby Guest » September 2nd, 2007, 4:56 pm

Ryan:

I would recommend that you get both of them. In fact, I would recommend that you get everything you can find about dove magic before you purchase a single bird. You need to know how to care for them, the problems that you can have with them, restrictions on performing with doves -- basically a wealth of information.

There are some dove workers in the magic clubs in Houston. I'm sure they would be willing to give you the benefit of their knowledge.

Postby Guest » September 2nd, 2007, 7:14 pm

Ryan, get Tony Clark's Unmasked series and Andy Amyx's doves 101. Those two resources will give you everything you really need to know to get started. Once you're ready to go, you can invest in the Encyclopedia of dove magic as well as the many other resources out there. Tony continues on with Behind the seams which goes in depth as far as clothing is concerned.

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2007, 11:48 am

Thank you to the both of you. I am definately planning on getting Doves 101, and will probably pick up the Encyclopeida after I've gotten all the info I can from Andy Amyx. Thanks.
- Ryan

Return to “Light From the Lamp”