New from Hank

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

New from Hank

Postby Steve Bryant » December 31st, 2002, 6:55 am

Just noticed several new products at Hank Lee's site, including at long last a Chop cup to match the Johnson Products cups and balls ($75 for the new cup) and, the latest in the Guy Hollingworth Reformation wannabes, Remnant, with the following description. Has anyone seen this yet?

Description: Sumit Dua's Remnant is one of the most amazing yet practical Torn and Restored Cards ever created!
The spectator chooses a card, a completely free selection, and signs the entire face of the card. Tear the card into four pieces; show each of the pieces, one by one.
Put the four pieces back together and instantly restore the card!
The restoration is totally visual. The pieces come together in a flash. If you were really tearing a card into four pieces and then restoring the card, this is exactly how it would look. The method is extremely fair, straightforward and easy. DVD format.

Re: New from Hank

Postby Guest » January 23rd, 2003, 1:42 pm

I can only echo Mr. Nork's opinion here. Save your money, as this is a truly dreadful "effect." I'm sure everyone on this forum is quite familiar with purchases that disappoint. But you know those few purchases that just make you angry and left feeling totally ripped off? This is one of those.

To paraphrase Dorothy Parker, "This is not a DVD to be tossed aside lightly. It should be hurled with great force."

Scott Moore

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 23rd, 2003, 2:07 pm

I would suggest that if both of you where so severely disappointed, that you try to get your money refunded. It's one thing to buy something and realize it's not right for you. It's another thing to actually feel robbed.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2003, 8:48 am

I can't stop laughing, a dealer refunding money?

You guys, you kill me.....please no more....unless it's true, I'll give you 20 cents on the dollar, commission if you can return my Mehdi Talbi or Jon Tremain tapes.

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2003, 7:41 pm

I can't speak for all dealers, but I know that
Andi Gladwin and I have certainly granted full refunds or exchanges in the past. Heck, we even pulled an item from our product line, costing ourselves a fair amount of money in the process, because our customers weren't satisfied with it.

Larry Becker and Lee Earle are offering a money-back guarantee on their new joint products, and in fact will in many cases tell you exactly what you're getting in detail before you buy it.

It doesn't happen a lot, but with some dealers (I know there are others out there aside from Larry, Lee, and myself/Andi) it does happen.

Andy Leviss
A Productions
http://www.asquaredproductions.com

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » April 14th, 2003, 3:57 pm

On all the items I market, if the purchaser is disappointed, I provide a sincere and humble apology.

Return to “Light From the Lamp”