The Card Artistry of Andrew Wimhurst

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
John Pezzullo

The Card Artistry of Andrew Wimhurst

Postby John Pezzullo » February 1st, 2002, 6:37 pm

I've just finished viewing Andrew Wimhurst's video "The Card Artistry of Andrew Wimhurst".

It's an excellent tape for those with any interest in the 'pasteboards'. The effects taught are commercial and Andrew's instruction is thorough and precise. The material covers the whole range as far as skill levels go.

Amongst other things taught on the video, there's a deck switch that's elegantly simple and ever-so practical.

Highly recommended.

Re: The Card Artistry of Andrew Wimhurst

Postby Guest » February 2nd, 2002, 8:41 am

I will gladly second the recommendation. His skill and confidence with a deck of cards is incredible. His routines are smooth and entertaining which make this whole tape a perfect package.

He also performs a great version of Marlo's Topsy Turvy Aces.

I would have to say this is one of the best tapes to come out in years, especially if you are interested in performing gambling demonstrations.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » February 3rd, 2002, 7:53 am

Because Genii video reviewers alternate months, this is one video I did not get to review.

So I purchased it, as I do many of the videos I review. It is a GREAT video. Be aware that it is geared toward the intermediate to advanced card enthusiast. It is Mike Maxwell's best job as a director and Andrew's magic really shines.

I anxiously await Joe M. Turner's write-up.

Matthew Field

Matt Field

Postby Guest » February 3rd, 2002, 8:28 am

The tape was great, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in gambling. I would like to know how he did the revelation of the card in the 21 cardtrick. Any ideas ? :)

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » February 25th, 2002, 4:22 pm

Is Whimhurst the one that does the 3-card monte wityh a signed card that winds up in his wallet? Is it in print/tape? :confused:
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » February 26th, 2002, 5:38 am

Mr. Biro,
I can't speak for the video because I don't have it. But the three card monte effect by Mr. Wimhurst you are refering to is called 'Yellow Kid Monte'. That routine can be found in Mr. Wimhurst's MAgic Castle Lecture Notes 1999/2000 titled 'Low Down Dirty Tricks'.

Best regards,
Rich Kameda

Return to “Light From the Lamp”