Swiss on Carney

Discuss the views of your favorite Genii columnists.
Danny Archer

Swiss on Carney

Postby Danny Archer » December 20th, 2002, 4:17 pm

No that's not a new sandwich from Subway ...

I thought that JIS's review of Carney's latest tome was wonderful ... he has whet my appetite for a book from a magician who as Jamy points out, probally doesn't get as much attention as he should (but maybe he gets as mucg as he wants) ... I saw John perfom Silver and Glass at the IBM convention and if this was all that the book explained the purchase price would still be cheap ... if you haven't read the review please do so ... this promises to be a landmark book ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Swiss on Carney

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 20th, 2002, 5:51 pm

Jamy's review made me want to read that damn book really badly, but it hasn't shipped yet. Would have been nice to read it over Christmas :) .
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

timbrown
Favorite Magician: Frank Garcia

Postby timbrown » December 20th, 2002, 6:10 pm

I too eagerly await the new book. It has been on order for a few weeks but John sent an order confirmation that indicated a January shipment. I wanted to read this one during the holiday break....But all is well - I highly suspect that the very heavy package that my wife put under the tree contains the two volume "Constant Fooling" set by David Regal. That should hold me for a while.

Happy Holidays!

Tim Brown

Postby Guest » December 20th, 2002, 10:45 pm

I second Jamy Ian Swiss opinion about carney deserves more attention that he has.
I saw him live a few years ago, and he just blew me away. Every effect was so smooth, and pure magic. He truly has some great hands.
And his thinking behind magic, is just second to none. To me he is right up there with Dai Vernon.
One of the greatest magicians of all time for sure.

Daniel

Glen Guldbeck

Postby Glen Guldbeck » December 21st, 2002, 11:06 am

Very excited to receive "Secrets" in the next few weeks.

Hired Mr. Carney earlier in the year for a business convention. He absolutely KILLED with material from this book. I was blown away, but more importantly, 150 laymen couldn't stop talking about his performance for the next two days!!

John definitely knows the "Secrets" to making it work in the real world.

Postby Guest » December 21st, 2002, 3:49 pm

John Carney is one of my favorite magicians. He is one of the few magicians that actually is worth hyping.

Todd Karr

Postby Todd Karr » December 21st, 2002, 8:42 pm

I had the pleasure of proofreading John's book and it is incredible, truly a new classic. Almost every sentence has yet another amazing insight.

Frank Yuen

Postby Frank Yuen » December 21st, 2002, 10:04 pm

I can't wait as well! I have a sneaking suspicion the my favorite magic book will soon switch from "Carneycopia" to "Secrets".

Frank Yuen

Return to “Columns”