Schneider's Cups & Balls

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.

Schneider's Cups & Balls

Postby Guest » May 9th, 2006, 6:48 pm

Not content with an audience tested routine he presented on his L&L DVD's and one I and Suzanne have both appropriated (with permission) as our own, he has completely reworked the thing.

The large loads almost defy detection. He has a streaming video of it on his website. Even when you know about loading from the lap this twist will make you smile or at the least spew an expletive or two. :)

Frank Tougas

Re: Schneider's Cups & Balls

Postby Guest » May 16th, 2006, 11:08 am

I don't know if it's premature to announce this, but Al sent me a copy of his new CD set. one of these contains his routine, the logic behind it, etc. as a PDF file and the other has video clips in two different common formats so you can watch the work as it is done.

It's an excellent piece of work. I'm sure Frank is too modest to mention it, because he had a lot to do with it.

There is very good stuff here. Al is one of the great thinkers in magic.

Postby Guest » May 16th, 2006, 11:28 am

I'll second Bill's comments. The written explanation is thorough and detailed and the video CD - to be watched on your computer - neatly matches the text. Al is an excellent teacher and this video proves it.

That, and the routine is terrific too. It is done at a nice pace, the effects are clear and easy to follow and the final loads done at such an off beat, people will be stunned.

Al's routine does require sitting, but within that context, it's just marvelous.

Postby Guest » May 16th, 2006, 11:56 am

Thank you gentlemen.
To those that are interested you can see the work and an introduction to the details of the work at
www.worldmagiccenter.com

Al Schneider

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » May 16th, 2006, 12:06 pm

Very nice, Al..
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » June 5th, 2006, 5:10 pm

Thought a few of you might be ineterested in what one of the people that bought the cups and balls book had to say.

This is interesting to me because long ago I worked on stealing a ball from the cup while setting it down using the third and little finger. I worked on it a lot. Recently I solved many problems with this move.

Tilman apparently followed the same path. Here is what he had to say.

"I have experimented for years with third and fourth finger clip (tweezer) techniques and could not get them to work to my satisfaction - I just could not let go of the idea that the balls would have to be moved backwards into some palm position. And watching the video clip on your site, I had no idea what you were doing (ultimately, I did not believe that it was a sleight of hand technique)." Tilman Grnewald

These comments are very rewarding to me.

Al Schneider

Return to “Magicana”