Incredible Krenzel Magicana

Discuss the tricks and sleights which appear in Genii.

Incredible Krenzel Magicana

Postby Guest » April 20th, 2007, 4:22 pm

If anyone missed April's Magicana with Ken Krenzel I sincerely pity you. There are some great effects in this issue along with an amazing interview that made me wish I could meet the man himself. Mr. Krenzel is my new hero of the month. And speaking of heroes, David Acer did an incredible job bringing the article to life. This is one of my favorite articles I have read in a magic magazine. I've been a big fan of David Acer ever since I saw his impression of a mime with tourette's syndrome on his Extreme Closeup Videotape. Great magic and a fun video to watch. To be honest if I could meet one magician in the world, it'd be....you guessed it...Michael Close...but second would most definitely be David Acer. Thanks again for a wonderful article.

David Acer

Re: Incredible Krenzel Magicana

Postby David Acer » April 21st, 2007, 2:46 pm

Michael Close is an excellent choice. Im sure that whole uncontrollable projectile diarrhea thing is just a rumor.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Michael Close

Postby Michael Close » April 21st, 2007, 6:24 pm

I am completely offended by that remark.

(I would have replied sooner, but it took a while to clean my computer monitor and keyboard.)

Close

Postby Guest » April 21st, 2007, 6:40 pm

Lmao!!! :) Now THAT was hilarious!!!!

Postby Guest » April 21st, 2007, 6:54 pm

Champagne comedy.

Postby Guest » April 22nd, 2007, 1:47 pm

I had heard about the Irritable Bowel Syndrome but I didn't know it had progressed to projectile diarrhea. Congrats Mr. Acer you are now number one. (sorry Mr. Close...i have enough trouble cleaning up after the dog.)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 22nd, 2007, 1:50 pm

Acer makes jokes like that because he doesn't have any kids and has never been sprayed with liquid poo by an infant whose "tummy" hurts.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » April 22nd, 2007, 3:52 pm

You wait until your wee one vomits into your mouth. Now _that_ is a bonding moment...

Take care, Ian

Postby Guest » April 22nd, 2007, 10:21 pm

Like I said, champagne comedy.

Michael Close

Postby Michael Close » April 22nd, 2007, 11:49 pm

We're here all week.

Try the veal.

Postby Guest » April 23rd, 2007, 1:57 am

You could bottle it.

Also the comedy.

Postby Guest » April 23rd, 2007, 4:56 am

Everyone here uses the "try the veal joke", but its funnier if you use "Goulash"...It's also beter if you can use towns like Walawala, Hohokus, Poughkeepsie, & Kalamazoo...Ken is a gem. You try and remember evrything from his experience, but its impossible. My favorite Ken story is this... Ten years ago, the SAM film library came to me with a huge restoration project. They had recorded a number of magicians twenty years ago, and the videotape was off it's spools, each tape had to be opened up and the leader fixed. Fortunately for me I had an engineer friend who worked for major League Baseball restoring videotape with the very same problem. I was hours and hours deep into editing, and Ken's segment came up, and he starts teaching some card trick... he gets about 80% into it, I'm fiddeling with different angle shots, then BAM he loses where he is, stops, reloads, then brings the trick back to life, but now instead of doing the trick with the ten of clubs, he proceeds to teach the rest of the trick with the three of hearts! I was in a Times Square facility, and I screamed at the tube so loud, the Port Authority Bowling Alley complained about the noise! I had to re-edit the rest of the piece as if he was using the ten all along. With different cuts, I got away with it, but if I remember correctly, it took me several nights of post magic! That video can be purchased from the SAM, I cut the piece as "Warren Kaps and friends",it might have a different title now, all proceeds go to SAM Disability fund.

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » April 23rd, 2007, 5:07 am

Verging ever more from the topic; the probelm with Goulash is that it's a two sylable word, and two long ones at that, so the line doesn't scan quite as well as three short words.

As for place names, one of my favourites is just north of here - Auchtermuchty (Okter-mucktee) which is quite close to Auchendinny. Over on the West coast is Glasgow, but we don't talk about it much here in the capital :)

Take care, Ian

Postby Guest » May 4th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Ian's post makes me glad my mother was born in Slamannan.

Return to “Magicana”