Siegfried and Roy interview

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
walkinoats

Siegfried and Roy interview

Postby walkinoats » August 13th, 2002, 6:43 am

I was rereading the August issue of Genii. In the interview between Genii and Siegfried and Roy, there was a statement by Siegfried that I didn't understand. Siegfried was refering to Darren Romeo. Siegfried said that, "We bring out the best in him and he brings out the best of us. He's not a YES man."
I don't understand what a "yes" man is. Wouldn't a Yes man be one that says "Yes , I will take risks"
Can someone explain?

thanks,

Jim Maloney_dup1

Re: Siegfried and Roy interview

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » August 13th, 2002, 6:50 am

A "yes man" is basically someone who will agree with anything you say, simply to get on your good side. A "yes man" doesn't want to upset you, so they'll tell you what they think you want to hear.

The opposite of a "yes man" would be someone who's going to be completely honest with you and will call it as they see it. This person will tell you not what you want to hear, but what you NEED to hear.

-Jim

walkinoats

Postby walkinoats » August 13th, 2002, 7:13 am

Thanks Jim !

Postby Guest » August 13th, 2002, 10:49 am

You are DA Man, Jim! I couldn't agree more!

That was one GREAT explanation!

--Randy Campbell

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » August 18th, 2002, 3:48 pm

So now y'all get to Vegas for the WMS in January (see Oct. Genii ad for details) and SEE DARREN ROMEO, SIEGFRIED & ROY AND LANCE BURTON... and decide for yourselves.

Be there or be square! ;)
Stay tooned.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 18th, 2002, 3:52 pm

As Pete says, the World Magic Summit always draws a great crowd and this makes the convention more exciting when the magic "stars" are there.
I couldn't go last year because my daughter was about to be born, but Genii will be there this year!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Feature Articles”