Like a Weed that Keeps Growing Back

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Like a Weed that Keeps Growing Back

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 18th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Ted M
Favorite Magician: Dani DaOrtiz

Re: Like a Weed that Keeps Growing Back

Postby Ted M » April 18th, 2017, 9:46 pm

Because Amazon is about to publish The Full and Comprehensive Works of Derek Dingle by Kate Upton?

performer

Postby performer » April 18th, 2017, 10:22 pm

Ah! The Irish Independent! I know it well! I used to write horoscopes for many Irish newspapers. This was not one of them.

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » April 19th, 2017, 2:15 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Why would I post this?

I presume, because the story describes activity that seems quite similar to what goes on within the magic world.

performer

Postby performer » April 20th, 2017, 6:47 am

I read the article. The author of that piece seems to have a lot of time on her hands! She could have written three new books by the time she went to all that trouble! it reminds me of the old saying "choose your battles wisely" And apart from the first incident the rest of it was none of her business. An obsessive busybody.

Of course my natural instinct is always to be on the side of the thief. Reflex action of a pitchman you know. What a splendid idea to make a quick bit of money! Plagiarise someone's book, make some money out of it and by the time you have been found out and closed down (only to open up again under another name so you can do it again) you have made a good bit of money. I would most certainly have done it in my younger more nefarious days. Of course if someone did it to me I wouldn't like it but I have a very quick and effective remedy. Instead of going through all that trouble outlined in the article I would simply put a hex on them.

Now I wonder whose book I can plagiarise? The trouble is that it is almost as much work plagiarising as actually doing the writing. And far more boring too just typing out the words of others. Very tedious I imagine. Alas I enjoy writing too much to bother. Still, it is a bloody good idea for someone with no writing ability and an elastic conscience.

Brian Douglas
Favorite Magician: Max Maven

Postby Brian Douglas » April 20th, 2017, 6:56 am

That reminds me, I'm going to be publishing my new book "The Lives of a Showguy" next week. It's an incredible tale about how I started out over 50 years ago. Hard to pull that one off as I'm only 50 but that is just one my impossibilities that I have achieved.

Next month I will releasing my new short card long card book of magic too....

performer

Postby performer » April 20th, 2017, 7:07 am

You are safe. I won't put a hex on you. You have been far too good as a customer. Besides I am too old to care. By the time someone gets around to stealing my work and putting it out I will be dead anyway. Mind you, I suppose I can still come back to haunt them.

Return to “Buzz”