Magic ebooks

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Christopher1979
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, Dai Vernon, Darwin Ortiz, Ed Marlo

Magic ebooks

Postby Christopher1979 » March 1st, 2017, 12:21 pm

I have been looking for a few OOP Hard to find Card Magic Books and although i always prefer printed material i have seen one site that has these titles in ebook form. My question is... is this legal as im sure it cant be because of copyright infringements. I wont mention the actual site here but it seems very dodgy... This seems very unfair and also would effect the collectible value of such books
Auctions & Consignment for Historic Memorabilia and Collectibles
https://www.britannicauctions.com/magic-collectibles/

lybrary

Re: Magic ebooks

Postby lybrary » March 1st, 2017, 12:47 pm

Christopher, can you give us a hint which site you are referring to? If it is one of those Chinese retail platforms then yes, most every magic ebook you find there is pirated. If it is another site it would help if you can identify it. Feel free to PM me or email me directly at wasshuber@lybrary.com. Me and my lawyer have been very active in this area both monitoring what is going on as well as pursuing various strategies to stop them. At the very least I can share the info I have if it is a site I am familiar with.
Lybrary.com Magic & Gambling
preserving magic one book at a time

Christopher1979

Postby Christopher1979 » March 1st, 2017, 1:02 pm

lybrary wrote:Christopher, can you give us a hint which site you are referring to? If it is one of those Chinese retail platforms then yes, most every magic ebook you find there is pirated. If it is another site it would help if you can identify it. Feel free to PM me or email me directly at wasshuber@lybrary.com. Me and my lawyer have been very active in this area both monitoring what is going on as well as pursuing various strategies to stop them. At the very least I can share the info I have if it is a site I am familiar with.

Hello,

I tried to send you a pm but for some reason it says your username does not exist?. Anyhow i sent a message to your website so let me know if you have received it?

Kind regards

Christopher1979

Postby Christopher1979 » March 1st, 2017, 1:05 pm

lybrary wrote:Christopher, can you give us a hint which site you are referring to? If it is one of those Chinese retail platforms then yes, most every magic ebook you find there is pirated. If it is another site it would help if you can identify it. Feel free to PM me or email me directly at wasshuber@lybrary.com. Me and my lawyer have been very active in this area both monitoring what is going on as well as pursuing various strategies to stop them. At the very least I can share the info I have if it is a site I am familiar with.

I didnt realize you gave me your email so i sent the message through your site

Return to “General”