Brad's story on Alan

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.

Brad's story on Alan

Postby Guest » October 31st, 2006, 8:32 pm

WOW!!

What a story. Richard, this is why I subscribe to your magazine, it's articles like this, that creat so much EXCITEMENT about the STUDY and PRACTICE of magic for me.

Brad, the things you chose to bring out about Alan's life, really pulled me into the story. In context of the story you made this statement..."Beauty requires work" That is such a powerful lesson about magic!!

I have been reading after Edwin Sachs lately. This phrase came up "...it is highly essential for a conjuror to be perfect in all the minutiae of his art, and he must practice them as the pianoforte-player practices the scales which he NEVER PLAYS to the public." I love the practice of magic and it's articles like this that fan that flame even higher!!!

Thank you

STeve V (the other one)

ps You have described Alan in such a way, I look forward to the day when I can meet him

Brad Henderson

Re: Brad's story on Alan

Postby Brad Henderson » November 3rd, 2006, 1:04 am

Thanks. It means a lot to me to know that 1) someone read it and 2)they had a positive experience doing so.

Brad

Postby Guest » November 3rd, 2006, 5:10 am

Really liked the cover for this story. Got rid of that pesky wrap and voila!

The story wasn't too shabby either. ;)

Postby Guest » November 3rd, 2006, 5:18 am

Originally posted by Brad Henderson:
Thanks. It means a lot to me to know that 1) someone read it and 2)they had a positive experience doing so.

Brad
Learning that at least one magician takes the O/C process to make art FOR OTHERS was a joy. The article speaks well for all involved. Thanks Brad.

Brad Henderson

Postby Brad Henderson » November 3rd, 2006, 9:07 am

Thanks Jon. And in spite of our mutually vehement doggedness on the other thread, thank you Chris.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 3rd, 2006, 9:50 am

Besides sharing a great story, Brad is able to do something I have a lot of trouble doing: Insert himself into the story without making about him. Thats damn hard to do (at least for me!).

Kudos Brad!
Dustin

Danny Archer

Postby Danny Archer » December 12th, 2006, 8:05 am

Due to traveling and moving into a new house, I am way behind on my magazine reading and just read Brad's article ...

As soon as I finished I knew that I had to write in and compliment Brad on the most excellent job he did (and I am glad to see that there was a thread already started) ... he really brought Just Alan's magic and philosophy to life for me ...

Meeting Brad first as a performer, it's really no surprise to find out that he is such a gifted writer as well ... thanks Brad for taking the time and energy that your pour into your columns ... your many fans appreciate your efforts ...
Producer of MINDvention
mentalism convention

Postby Guest » December 12th, 2006, 11:47 am

Thanks for reminding me, Danny. I forgot to write something joining the chorus of praise for this great article. Dustin's comment is right on -- it's a great example of inserting yourself in the story without taking away from the subject.

Postby Guest » December 14th, 2006, 7:21 pm

I'm so glad Steve started this thread, because I had nearly forgotten to tell Brad how much I appreciated the article too. (Though I did tell our emminent editor via email right after I read it.)

Great article, Brad. Although I regret not having had the opportunity to see Just Alan's work with my own eyes, I am inspired by the glimpse that I've gotten through yours.

Best,
Neil Tobin

NCMarsh
Favorite Magician: Devant, Wonder, Richiardi, Benson, DeKolta, Teller, Harbin, Durham, Caveney, Ben, Hoy, Berglas, Marceau

Postby NCMarsh » December 15th, 2006, 12:01 pm

Those who enjoy Brad's work, keep your eyes peeled for something VERY interesting, and closely related to him, in next month's MAGIC magazine.

N.

Return to “Feature Articles”