Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Re: Mark Lewis Troll Forum

Postby Bill Marquardt » April 15th, 2016, 6:57 pm

performer wrote:And what was that about, pray? You should probably post a link to it.

It happened months ago. No need to rehash it. I mentioned it here to note that even on this forum, which generally maintains a better decorum than the other place, there are rude and arrogant people.

performer

Postby performer » April 15th, 2016, 7:06 pm

Well, I hope you don't mean me. I am sweetness and light personified.

Bill Marquardt
Favorite Magician: Pop Haydn

Postby Bill Marquardt » April 16th, 2016, 12:09 am

T'was another guy (or should I say bloke?). Not many people saw the post as it was removed quickly. I was called a vulgar name. Ironically, that person posted a message a few weeks later saying how we should respect each other's opinions and be nice to one another. I have to believe he was being sarcastic.

performer

Postby performer » April 16th, 2016, 12:34 am

Oh, I bet I know who that was................................

Dougini
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Re: Magician's Forum

Postby Dougini » April 16th, 2016, 5:11 pm

Brad Jeffers wrote:Dougini,
You might also like THIS PLACE.

Thank you Brad!

Dougini

Re: Magic Forums

Postby Dougini » April 17th, 2016, 8:01 am

I should state that although I have signed up at that forum, Genii will always be "The Magic Castle" for me. The GREATS are all here! Seems there is a "star quality" about Genii that keeps the best of the best as members!

This place may not be as active as other sites, but I find QUALITY here is better than QUANTITY elsewhere, if you get my drift...

Doug

performer

Re: Magic Forums

Postby performer » April 18th, 2016, 7:02 am

Dougini wrote:I should state that although I have signed up at that forum, Genii will always be "The Magic Castle" for me. The GREATS are all here! Seems there is a "star quality" about Genii that keeps the best of the best as members!

This place may not be as active as other sites, but I find QUALITY here is better than QUANTITY elsewhere, if you get my drift...

Doug

Indeed. I do find this a remarkable place when I need to get some sleep.

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » April 19th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Just an FYI: the new forum software has an ignore feature, in your user control panel under "Friends and Foes". So if you find Mark Lewis (or me or anyone else) a troll, you can list him as a foe and none of his posts will show up. Well, you can see that he made a post but not the content.

performer

Postby performer » April 19th, 2016, 5:44 pm

Don't be silly Mc'Cabe. I cannot be ignored.

Dougini

Re: Ignore Feature

Postby Dougini » April 19th, 2016, 6:41 pm

I hope I never earn that! Ha! Maybe I'm already on some's "ignore list"! Never know...

Mark? Ignore?? No way! I never ignore entertainment! LOL!

Doug

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » April 19th, 2016, 7:11 pm

Like I said before, I don't understand why Mark agitates others. He's an interesting experienced fella!

I get a kick out of Mark! He's effervescent!

performer

Postby performer » April 19th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Not really. I am actually very quiet in person. Sometimes.........................................

Dougini

Re: Mark Lewis

Postby Dougini » April 19th, 2016, 7:29 pm

Well, I just finished laughing hysterically until my gut hurts, after reading a post by Mark on Jewish Magic. I tell ya, not many can make me laugh like that...

Doug

performer

Postby performer » April 20th, 2016, 12:38 pm

I.M. Magician wrote:Like I said before, I don't understand why Mark agitates others. He's an interesting experienced fella!

I get a kick out of Mark! He's effervescent!

If you view this clip you will find that I am not effervescent at all. It does go on and on and on and on and I don't expect you to watch it. However, the bit I want you to watch is the tiny bit starting at 25.45. You will hear evidence that I am not effervescent in the slightest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha-L6erfi7k

I.M. Magician
Favorite Magician: All of the very best!

Postby I.M. Magician » April 20th, 2016, 12:55 pm

But apparently, you are Houdini-ish.

performer

Postby performer » April 20th, 2016, 1:45 pm

I.M. Magician wrote:But apparently, you are Houdini-ish.

I have certainly done a lot of escaping!

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » May 5th, 2016, 10:38 am

I personally love everything that M. Lewis says and would pay to read his writing.

performer

Postby performer » May 5th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Mahdi Gilbert wrote:I personally love everything that M. Lewis says and would pay to read his writing.

Thank you Mahdi. Much appreciated. However, despite your approval of my writing I will resist the temptation to tell the story how I used you as a spur of the moment example when informing Paul Pacific on the technique of palming cards properly. He still tells the story to this day.

performer

Postby performer » May 7th, 2016, 8:33 pm

I don't think I dare! There are various silly people here who would either be horrified or at least pretend to be. However, since you are the one who requested I don't see what they have to sniff in great disapproval about. I shall certainly do so but alas I am a trifle exhausted at the moment just having done a trade show. I shall relate the story when I have recovered more fully.

performer

Postby performer » May 8th, 2016, 1:19 am

Here is the story. I am sure many of you know that Mahdi does sleight of hand in a very unusual manner. He does the sleight part but without the hand part. That is because he does not actually have any hands. The chap in his avatar (Matthias Buchinger) beats him though since in addition to no hands he also had no feet.

Talking about feet is a good segue into this story because it involves Paul Pacific who I dearly wish would emulate Buchinger and have his bloody feet amputated as a service to humanity. Alas his main claim to fame in the world of magic is his bare feet and his utter fascination with them. He is actually known in the psychic reading world as "the barefoot prophet".

Anyway I was sitting in a large group of magicians. Mahdi was on one side of me and Paul was on the other. The rest of the group were showing interminable card tricks to each other and the usual silly flourishes. I remember Mahdi looking a bit fed up and whispering under his breath, "magicians are weird", a sentiment with which I wholeheartedly agree.

Paul is a very talented mentalist but is actually very good at card tricks too. Alas he is useless at palming cards and he is guilty of the common fault of sticking his thumb out like a fishhook. I informed him that he was doing it all wrong whereupon he argued with me concerning the matter. I consider this to be a very silly thing to do since my word on card magic should naturally be gospel and beyond contradiction. Still, he kept at it and defended his position. I informed him that it was basic palming technique never to stick your thumb out when palming a card but he kept insisting that he was right. Finally in exasperation I pointed to Mahdi and said, "You don't see Mahdi sticking his thumb out when he palms a card, do you?"

Paul found this hilarious and still tells the story to this day.

Leo Garet
Favorite Magician: Nobody In Particular

Postby Leo Garet » May 8th, 2016, 8:48 am

performer wrote:I informed him that he was doing it all wrong whereupon he argued with me concerning the matter. I consider this to be a very silly thing to do since my word on card magic should naturally be gospel and beyond contradiction.

Everybody knows this is true and everybody also knows what happens to those who actually dare to contradict you. :D

Great story, incidentally.

performer

Postby performer » May 8th, 2016, 8:00 pm

Indeed. I expect poor old Bob Farmer is regretting starting this thread now that it has turned in my favour. Serves him right!

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » October 8th, 2017, 9:31 pm

Ronnie McLeod is not always trolling the forums, sometimes he sits down for a cup of tea and speaks about magic as well as proven by this tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vYiairhhoI

performer

Postby performer » October 8th, 2017, 11:49 pm

There is nothing like a good British cup of tea and in Canada you get nothing like a good British cup of tea.

performer

Postby performer » October 9th, 2017, 12:15 pm

You know, something has occured to me. In that interview Mahdi expressed quite a lot of interest in my wonder mouse routine. It has just dawned on me that he could probably learn it very quickly because the hands don't really have much to do with any of it. He could easily do it on his forearm I imagine.

performer

Postby performer » April 27th, 2018, 12:31 pm

Mahdi Gilbert wrote:Ronnie McLeod is not always trolling the forums, sometimes he sits down for a cup of tea and speaks about magic as well as proven by this tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vYiairhhoI

Who is Ronnie McLeod?

Pete McCabe

Postby Pete McCabe » April 27th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Why would Bob Farmer regret starting this thread? It's working out exactly as he hoped.

performer

Postby performer » April 27th, 2018, 3:53 pm

I still don't know who Ronnie Mcleod is. Anyway I rather think you should watch the interview. I have something to say about "scripting" as you call it instead of using the far less pretentious word "patter". I did hear somewhere or other someone recommending your book the other day so I had another look at it. I found the entire concept of giving samples of other people's patter a bit odd as what suits one person does not necessarily suit another. And alas some of the examples were not terribly inspiring. However, I am far too tactful a person to point out specific examples.

Brian Douglas
Favorite Magician: Max Maven

Postby Brian Douglas » April 27th, 2018, 4:48 pm

performer wrote: Who is Ronnie McLeod?

Who's John Galt?

performer

Postby performer » April 27th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Canadian chap apparently so of course is of no importance whatsoever:
http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/e ... john-galt/

Although I believe there was another fellow-something to do with Ayn Rand. Philosopher type apparently. A bit like me come to think of it. And for the benefit of poor old Pete McCabe who I remember as someone who does a lot of shifting at midnight he can find on Mahdi's interview with me some conversation about "scripting" if we have to use that pretentious word. It starts at 38.50.

chetday
Favorite Magician: Jon Racherbaumer

Postby chetday » April 28th, 2018, 5:35 pm

performer wrote: Who is Ronnie McLeod?

Isn't he the guy Trump put forward to head the Veterans Administration? My sources tell me he does a mean strike style bottom deal.

performer

Postby performer » April 28th, 2018, 6:35 pm

Dunno. The one I am thinking of doesn't get drunk and damage cars. At least not on a too frequent basis.

Mahdi Gilbert

Postby Mahdi Gilbert » April 29th, 2018, 9:13 am

Ronnie McLeod is the name of a show I'm producing about a down and out magician in 1960s London.

performer

Postby performer » April 29th, 2018, 10:02 am

Mahdi Gilbert wrote:Ronnie McLeod is the name of a show I'm producing about a down and out magician in 1960s London.

I know who he is now. I understand he was sometimes down but never out.

Return to “Buzz”