"Divining the Card" in Derren Brown's "Bermuda"

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.

"Divining the Card" in Derren Brown's "Bermuda"

Postby Guest » February 6th, 2005, 12:42 pm

"Bermuda" (in the Feb. "Genii") directs the magi: "then you divine the first card...fish as best you can..."

Any suggestions would be appreciated for "divining/fishing", either specific ideas from Forum readers, or references to books/dvds, etc.

It sounds as if "Bermuda" can be an awesome effect but I'm divining-challenged and need some help! Thanks!

Re: "Divining the Card" in Derren Brown's "Bermuda"

Postby Guest » February 6th, 2005, 3:24 pm

The current, inaugural issue of ANTIMONY has an extended essay by Jon Racherbaumer (with much input by Bob Farmer) on effective fishing strategies. "Worth the price of the issue" as they say!

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2005, 7:09 pm

Thanks, Richard, for the suggestion; I am not, however, planning to subscribe to ANTIMONY, so I am still in need of divining/fishing helps.

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2005, 8:47 pm

While I do feel a subscription is an excellent value (less than the cost of the combined single issues, plus the eBook version of the complete volume on CD-Rom at year's end), we'll soon have single copies of the first issue in our H & R Magic Book inventory for just $20 each plus shipping. I really think this is a bargain for the information in this particular issue. Once stocked, we'll post a notice in the "Just received" section of our website
H & R Magic Books
But I have been told we may not be able to get more than a dozen issues, several of which are already committed.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 8th, 2005, 7:58 am

I think we should all toss Chaucer to the ground and sit on him until he subscribes.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » February 8th, 2005, 9:00 am

Help! I'm being tossed to the ground;
No ANTIMONY, no help to be found.
Please: though I may not subscribe
It's no mean diatribe,
Rather: will by divining inquiry ever be found?

Postby Guest » February 8th, 2005, 9:29 am

I'm starting to get a sense that this Antimony thing might be worth looking into.

Postby Guest » February 9th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
I think we should all toss Chaucer to the ground and sit on him until he subscribes.
This tactic may not actually work - some people actually pay good money to be tossed to the ground and sat upon !?!

Return to “Feature Articles”