Mark's little secret

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
Nick Maggio

Mark's little secret

Postby Nick Maggio » August 22nd, 2005, 12:27 pm

The patriarch of todays magic enthusiasts is Mark Wilson. Most of us have been exposed to his magic on television through our formative years. The Inside Story series in Genii has focused on yet another talent of Mr. Wilson. He is a fine and imaginative writer. Marks ability to explain the intricacies and experiences of his career is captivating. From wide-angle to macro, the detail he delivers is as entertaining as his performing abilities.

In the September 2005 installment called,
Performing Tour of China, he relates his first meeting with the Chinese official at the Business Affairs division of the Chinese Mission in Washington, D.C. At the end of their productive meeting, Mark brought a smile to the gentleman's face by performing several close up magic effects he always carried in his pockets (and still does today). Some of the popular Magic Forums feature a thread on Magic At A Moments Notice. The popular question being, What do you carry with you when asked to do magic on the spot? For the benefit of his magic progeny, will Mark divulge the list of close up magic he carries in future editions? Knowing what he considers to be the best categories in close up magic would set a high standard of expectation for us. If not, will our influential editor, Richard, put on a little pressure?

Nick Maggio

Re: Mark's little secret

Postby Guest » August 22nd, 2005, 5:18 pm

Please don't put any pressure on Mark Wilson about anything.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 22nd, 2005, 5:45 pm

All I can say is, have patience and keep reading Genii!

Dustin

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » August 23rd, 2005, 3:06 pm

...and don't forget to point!

Terrence

Postby Terrence » August 23rd, 2005, 9:00 pm

ROTFL

That's one story that will never die!

:)

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2005, 11:38 am

I always keep the rabbits with me.

Lately, I've also been carrying Doc Eason's nuts/bolt trick -- fabulous reactions!

Pepka

Postby Pepka » September 8th, 2005, 8:22 pm

I also enjoy Mark's column a lot. I've never met him, but a friend has told me that when I do, I have to ask him about the Rickshaw illsuion he purchased many years ago. Perhaps he can elaborate on this in a column?

Return to “Feature Articles”