Re: Genii Convention

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 16th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Thanks for your kind words.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » October 17th, 2015, 9:16 am

Bill Mullins wrote:Will Alma at the Genii Convention.

(sorry I missed his show . . . )

Nose picking as misdirection?

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » October 17th, 2015, 10:02 am

Tom Frame wrote:
Bill Mullins wrote:Will Alma at the Genii Convention.

(sorry I missed his show . . . )

Nose picking as misdirection?

It's a scratch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuoWo7ntipU
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » October 18th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Steve Bryant's recap of the convention is online.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 19th, 2015, 7:16 am

Thanks for posting the link, Bill--Steve is great! (He also wrote the review of MAGIC Live in the most recent issue of MAGIC).

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 19th, 2015, 10:10 am

It's odd he doesn't mention that, though.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » October 19th, 2015, 12:14 pm

As I recall, Steve mentioned it in his September issue.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » October 19th, 2015, 12:31 pm

Thanks for the name check, Steve. I love you, too. I'm off to te U.S. on Thursday to see my son get married, and couldn't make two visits from over here in England so close so had to miss the Son of Genii Bash. Maybe next time.

Matt Field

Andres Reynoso

Postby Andres Reynoso » October 19th, 2015, 3:14 pm

As was said by others. Genni Convention was one of the betters.

Congratulations to all the staff. It ran smoothly and the tech crew made a superb work.

I must say that I have stayed at USA 4 times, and there are only 2 persons I have seen each of that times: Richard and Dustin.

After the talks and lectures by Christian Schenk, Denis Behr and Joshua Jay I have learned that gaff decks are now in real others level. So elaborate ones.

I really enjoyed to watch Rob Zabrecky one more time, performing, lecturing, talking about his character ...

Tina Lennert with his rings acts and lecture (I have seen previously the lecture and enjoyed it as if was the first time) I purchased her last lectures notes available at the convention :)

Denis Behr with his lecture, performing and beer drinking. I purchased the penultimate book set available at the convention. His beer coaster is a very original presentation card.

Raymond Crowe. I have heard his name for the Illusionists but didn't know more about him. When The Illusionists 2.0 was in Mexico he wasn't in the cast. I am very glad to met him. The show, the lecture, talking with him at the dealer's table. Even taking a photo with him was an hilarious moment. Now I realized why Richard had said before that in a gala show nobody could be after Raymond Crowe.

I have trained as an actor and dancer and want to improve my magic presentation with them. Zabrecky and Crowe style are the one I'm most interested.

John Gaugham. One in a lifetime chance. The orange tree and Antonio Diavolo. with Antonio I was literally jawdropped. For a while I have considered to learn some kind of aerial skills: trapeeze, silks ... This little and antique man have impressed me so much that I have put the aerial training in my medium term objectives.

Mike Caveney ... as MC always is a hit. And with history conferences .... wow.

Dark Stories. "standard tricks" with a superb presentation!! Magic as an art at the best.

Stan Allen and his bunny ¿Stewart? So funny. Really a surprise performer.

So much to say, sure I'm lefting something out.

Despite Orlando is not my fovorite city, the hotel location is unmatched. I spent hours in the stores around the zone: Best Buy, Burlington's, Barnes and Nobles and Target. My lugagge was full of books (not only magic, at Barnes and Nobles found really good bargains) and playing cards (Target provided standard bicycles at good price, even I found a pretty bowl for my desert's sands)
I have planned to go to Premium Outlets, no time neither necessity.
I discovered a ballet school with drop off classes near the Hampton Inn, so I take a class during my stay! (not the best class)

Finally I visited Kennedy Space Center. A great adventure.

Some new friends: Gabriel, even living both in Mexico City we met each other at Orlando. Yota, while walking to the Red Roof. And ... oh God, for the moment I have forgotten his name ... I'm sorry ... who kindly raid me to the Red Roof.

And how to forget the Lifetime subscribers lunch!!

Only one complain: conditioned air was too cold. OK, Richard has told it before: americans love conditioned air and I recognize that I never have liked it ;-)
Andres Reynoso

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » October 19th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Andres Reynoso wrote:I have planned to go to Premium Outlets, no time neither necessity.

Aw, man...I didn't know there was a Premium Outlets nearby--that would have sold the wife on going for sure! RK: if you put that in the adverts next time (please let there be a next time), you'd make it a lot easier for those of us married to big time shoppers! :D

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 19th, 2015, 6:04 pm

Remind me! :)

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » October 20th, 2015, 1:21 am

I see that 52+Joker held their convention in Orlando just after the Genii Convention, and that Kostya Kimlat was an evening's entertainment. Did anyone from the forum go?

Return to “Convention Reports”