Christian Fechner

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
mop krayz

Christian Fechner

Postby mop krayz » November 1st, 2002, 3:43 am

The story about Christian Fechner and his passion for illusions was one of the most interesting ones I have read this year. It's very unfortuante that so few copies of his Soirees Fantastiques "opera" were printed.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Christian Fechner

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 1st, 2002, 7:50 pm

Thanks, Mop: Fechner's a very interesting guy whose passion is really evident when you talk with him. It was one of the most intense and exciting interviews I've done.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Vaught
Favorite Magician: Zabrecky, Giobbi, Kopf, Vigil

Postby Steve Vaught » November 5th, 2002, 10:03 am

"In magic people never try to understand the creator-they only try to copy him...you have to understand his way of thinking. Not the result, but the way of thinking!" WOW!!! That blew me away when I read that piece in the article!! This was my first month getting your magazine through the mail. My wife paid for a subscription...ahhh. The information that I have received has been very satisfying.
Thank you,
Steve
p.s. I am looking at purchasing a magic book. I think I have come to the "Burger" conclusion...I HAVE TOO MANY TOYS. My first thought was purchasing a book by Darwin Ortiz on "Strong Magic"or Jamy Swiss's new book. I have Magic and Meaning ( Which was great!) So, I am looking for something else to expand MY THINKING on developing a texture, a story, surprise, mystery, with props that I already have or are easily accesible. Any advice Mr. Kaufman would be appreciated.

Jon Racherbaumer

Postby Jon Racherbaumer » November 5th, 2002, 3:17 pm

To Steve: Studying the recent works by Burger, Neale, Wonder, Swiss, Richardson, Berglas, and others--each notables who added hard-earned knowledge from working in various professional capacities to what they assimulated from diligently studying theater, film, philosophy, psycholgy, and literature--is a recommended approach. However...

...it is important to study these same subjects written by scholars OUTSIDE of the magic field. Although I'm not a performer, I've enjoyed the privileged counsel of many celebrated professionals from other fields about "magic" and how it might be performed in a memorable and artistic manner. Their input has been valuable beyond measure.

Onward...

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 5th, 2002, 3:19 pm

Hey Steve, forget the philosophical boloney: just buy all the books I've published that explain tricks. Tricks is what you need. More and more tricks.
Really.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » November 6th, 2002, 2:45 am

Mr. Kaufman,
are you sure that we need more tricks?
Really, I don't understand your point of view.
Regards,

Andrea Antonuccio

mop krayz

Postby mop krayz » November 6th, 2002, 2:47 am

I suppose that it was a sarcastic comment!

Postby Guest » November 6th, 2002, 2:53 am

Sorry, I really missed it! My apologies to Mr. Kaufman.
Regards
Andrea Antonuccio

Postby Guest » November 9th, 2002, 12:32 am

HI Folks
We never had in a french magic magazine an article like this one (on Mr Fechner).
You did, Richard, a wonderfull job :Bravoooooooo !!!
Would you say hello to JJ Sanvert from me.
Thanks
see ya
arthur

Return to “Feature Articles”