April Genii

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.

April Genii

Postby Guest » March 13th, 2006, 3:00 pm

April Genii arrived today with Arthur Trace on the

cover. Some good effects from him and a lot of

other neat stuff..on it's way to you......Mike

Re: April Genii

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2006, 8:33 pm

can't wait to see it!!

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Postby Matthew Field » April 2nd, 2006, 3:58 am

Genii arrived on Friday in England!

Matt Field

Postby Guest » April 2nd, 2006, 12:36 pm

Also Friday in Copenhagen :)

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm

It seems that my Genii doesn't arrive until almost a month after it's announced here that they have been sent out and people start receiving them.

Looking at this particular thread, Mike Walsh got his on March 13th. Matthew Field & Asser Anderson, who are both in Europe got theirs April 2nd.

I'm in St. Louis, it's April 8th and still haven't received mine.

It's kind of frustrating!

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » April 8th, 2006, 1:07 pm

Originally posted by Steven Pellegrino:
It seems that my Genii doesn't arrive until almost a month after it's announced here that they have been sent out and people start receiving them.
For some bizarre reason, I just received February.

John
http://www.escamoteurettes.com/blog/

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 8th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Steven, people in Europe who've paid for airmail delivery often receive their copies before people in the United States. (Their subscriptions cost a lot more!)
All copies are mailed at the same time, within a day or two of one another, from our printer in Fulton, Missouri. They are sent throughout the US by second-class periodical mail, which is used by most magazines (it's the only economically viable way to send them). But, second-class periodical mail is treated differently by every post office which handles it. Some deliver it immediately, others let it sit in the post office for weeks until they find a slow day and give it to their carriers. We have no control over it, and all magazines in our field suffer from the same type of distribution.
I could offer another category of subscriptions for those in the United States, with first class delivery, but it would add a lot to the cost of a subscription. Would you be interested?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

John LeBlanc

Postby John LeBlanc » April 8th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
I could offer another category of subscriptions for those in the United States, with first class delivery, but it would add a lot to the cost of a subscription. Would you be interested?
I'd be interested in knowing how much more it would cost. Far more often than not, I've gotten my Genii Magazine nearly a month after mail date (and I never blamed it on you; I know how the post office operates.) And I don't expect that to change any time soon.

John
http://www.escamoteurettes.com/blog/

Postby Guest » April 9th, 2006, 6:41 pm

My frustrated comment isn't aimed at you, I realize that there is another company mailing these and the post office takes some of the blame as well, but until I read your explanation, did I know the details.

I would be interested to find out what the extra cost is.

Thanks

Richard Perrin

Postby Richard Perrin » April 9th, 2006, 9:28 pm

I work at the United States Postal Service since '85 at Augusta, GA. We receives mostly from Atlanta. I have no clue why but we just do what we can do. Our goal to complete 85% on time and we did more than 85%. I wish I could give you all a straight answer... Oh well... If I work there (Atlanta) and I WILL know the answer.
About first class, take your magazine to your post office and weight it to see what the cost. Hope this help.
By the way, I haven't got TLR and M.U.M. and still check the mailbox! :(

Return to “Feature Articles”