Shade plot revealed?

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
Steve Hook

Shade plot revealed?

Postby Steve Hook » March 19th, 2003, 7:30 am

Is it safe to read the article without having key points of the plot, especially the ending, revealed?

The article looks great...lots of information...and I'm especially interested since I saw the preview at last year's LVMI. But I hate to know how things are going to turn out in a movie.

Steve H

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Shade plot revealed?

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 19th, 2003, 8:28 am

The article reveals very little of the detail of the plot. We have no intention of spoiling anyone's experience watching the film (whenever it's released--there's still no date yet).
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 24th, 2003, 9:56 pm

I hate to be a pessimist, but a release date is the key. My brother in law is a producer and they made two films in the past three years... but didn't have the budget to release them.

They have previewed it to buyers and backers and still not enough to release and advertise either.

One is terrific (I saw it three times during pitches to release type outfits).

And... a Gene Hackman film, that I really loved, "Eureka" was on video, but never released to theaters. I asked Hackman why it never got into theaters and he said they used all their money making the film, and had to sell it to a video distributor to make even a little profit.
Stay tooned.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » March 29th, 2003, 2:46 pm

Just found the following nice bit of news on www.thezreview.co.uk. You can also find a complete synopsis of the movie and a poster of the movie over at www.rko.com/movies_shade.html.

The announcement:

Tuesday 4th March 2003: Shade Update:
Looks like Shade may be distributed at the Cinema in America. RKO head Ted Hartley revealed "All of the foreign territories except two have now been sold, and the movie is going to turn the corner to profitability. We have four serious bids for domestic [distribution]. I think we're in good shape, and I think it's an important turn for Stallone".

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » March 29th, 2003, 7:51 pm

I STRONGLY suggest that if you wish to enjoy the movie "Shade," you read as little as possible about the plot. So let's pretend that Steve really didn't post that link and spoil things.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » March 29th, 2003, 10:09 pm

Yeah - I was looking at the Charlie's Angels 2 link....

Return to “Feature Articles”