Chicago Area-Tom Dobrowolski New Lecture Monday 5/12

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Dobrowolski

Chicago Area-Tom Dobrowolski New Lecture Monday 5/12

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 5th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Special Date: May 12:

Tom Dobrowolski's All New Lecture: "The Expert at the Breakfast Table ... Bacon Not Included"

Monday, May 12. 7 p.m.

Tom Dobrowolski has been involved in magic in the Chicago area for over 40 years. He’s performed all types of magic from close up to illusions in every imaginable venue. He’s “worked” in magic shops around the area including Bishop’s Magic Shop, Magic Inc. and currently can be seen helping out at Midwest Magic most Saturdays. Tom has been fortunate to have had some great mentors in magic including Tommy Edwards, Billy Bishop, Jim Ryan and Jay Marshall. He’s released 2 best-selling well received magic effects: his “In The Hands Wild Card” and with co-creator Jeremiah Zuo “OiATER." Tom is also fortunate to be able to count 100’s of magicians from around the world as his friends, good friends who have openly shared their magical thoughts and secrets. Through their generosity and creativity, Tom is able to share these and some of his own magical thoughts and secrets in this his third and newest lecture. Like his previous lectures “10 Things I Know for Sure” and last year’s “Tom and His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up” his new lecture is full of material you will learn and do.

The Expert at the Breakfast Table Lecture....Bacon not Included....

Naked Deck Opener -Trent Ketchmark- The perfect opener to a card or close up set. A blank deck becomes instantly printed with faces and backs. Very fun simple visual magic

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater -Tom Dobrowolski- My take on the Lie Detector plot influenced by Solomon-Steinmeyer-DaOrtiz My new FAVORITE impromptu trick.

Poor Old Uncle Joe 2 -Jack Carpenter The prolific and generous Jack Carpenter has supplied an updated handling of the routine he published in my earlier set of lecture notes, Tom and His Merry Men. The routine includes a new kicker and is less jiggery-pokery. I didn’t think it was possible, but Jack outdid himself yet again!.

The Portal -Jeremiah Zuo Cards travel through a portal! No really they do!

I ♥ U-Patrick Flanagan After seeing and learning this effect you will NEVER perform Anniversary Waltz again! Lovely memorable magic!

After Effect -Richard Hucko- Prediction transposition and more all in one beautifully routined effect.

Neither Short-Sighted nor Mad -John Carey- Johns great take on Tamariz’ classic “Neither Blind nor Silly” This one like so much of John’s brilliant material is SO much fun to perform!

OOTW Opener Benny Lau- A great opening routine for OOTW in which the magician demonstrates his card divining skills.

Earfun Jeff Prace- A quick, visual and very clever update of a classic trick. This was previously published as a part of a download “Organik” Jeff did through TRCKY.com.

Away We Go Tom Dobrowolski- A no-fuss and direct handling for selected “cards across.”

Haunted Bolt - Curtis Kam- A demonstration of the world’s worst magic power

Where?
All meetings take place at Mr. Beef and Pizza in Mt. Prospect from 7-9 p.m.
1796 S. Elmhurst Mt. Prospect, IL 60056
(847) 228-1210

Conjuror's Corner Web Site
The URL is www.conjurorsclub.com.

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: Chicago Area-Tom Dobrowolski New Lecture Monday 5/12

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 9th, 2014, 11:28 am

I had an email asking so in case anyone else would be interested there are lecture notes available for this lecture. Hard copies are $15.00 plus $3.00 P&H in the USA or $15.00 plus $6.00 P&H worldwide. Also a PDF version is available for $12.00 emailed right to your inbox.

I accept PayPal and my PayPal ID is tdmagic@sbcglobal.net

Cheers- Tom

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 12th, 2014, 10:18 am

Two quick updates for the lecture tonight.

First my friend Patrick Flanagan will be a guest performer/lecturer performing and explaining his terrific effect form the lecture. So glad he agreed to do this! It's a great effect!!

Second I'll touch on my "Magic Theory Summarized in 11 Words". Everyone who attends will get the one pager explaining the basics of the theory. Should promote some good conversation pro and con.

Cheers!- Tom

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 13th, 2014, 8:29 pm

For anyone who purchased the notes you can email me for an update I received today from Eugene Burger for one of the tricks in the notes. PM ore mail me. Cheers-Tom

"On May 13, 2014, at 10:21 AM, Eugene Burger wrote:

Hi Tom

I really enjoyed your lecture last night. After I got home, I was talking with Max Maven about your idea of…..

….Feel free to pass this on if you wish. Again, thanks for a thought provoking lecture. All the best, Eugene"

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 17th, 2014, 11:13 pm

OK folks a weekend special starting right now through Monday get the PDF of my new lecture "The Experts at the Breakfast Table" for $12.00 OR the PDF for my last set of notes "Tom and His Merry Men or I want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up"for $ 10.00 OR BOTH PDF sets together for just $15.00! That's over 1/3 off for both together! PayPal accepted at tdmagic@sbcglobal.net. Put "Lecture Notes PDF Special" in the comments at check out. Any questions, comments, etc. let me know. Cheers!

"The Experts at The Breakfast Table" Lecture Contains:

Naked Deck Opener -Trent Ketchmark- The perfect opener to a card or close up set. A blank deck becomes instantly printed with faces and backs. Very fun simple visual magic

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater -Tom Dobrowolski- My take on the Lie Detector plot influenced by Solomon-Steinmeyer-DaOrtiz My new FAVORITE impromptu trick.

Poor Old Uncle Joe 2 -Jack Carpenter The prolific and generous Jack Carpenter has supplied an updated handling of the routine he published in my earlier set of lecture notes, Tom and His Merry Men. The routine includes a new kicker and is less jiggery-pokery. I didn’t think it was possible, but Jack outdid himself yet again!.

The Portal -Jeremiah Zuo Cards travel through a portal! No really they do!

I U-Patrick Flanagan After seeing and learning this effect you will NEVER perform Anniversary Waltz again! Lovely memorable magic!

The Real Theory 11 Magic THeory Summarized in 11 WORDS-Evxactly what in says…yes 11 words!

After Effect -Richard Hucko- Prediction transposition and more all in one beautifully routined effect.

Neither Short-Sighted nor Mad -John Carey- Johns great take on Tamariz’ classic “Neither Blind nor Silly” This one like so much of John’s brilliant material is SO much fun to perform!

OOTW Opener Benny Lau- A great opening routine for OOTW in which the magician demonstrates his card divining skills.

Earfun Jeff Prace- A quick, visual and very clever update of a classic trick. This was previously published as a part of a download “Organik” Jeff did through TRCKY.com.

Away We Go Tom Dobrowolski- A no-fuss and direct handling for selected “cards across.”

Haunted Bolt - Curtis Kam- A demonstration of the world’s worst magic power

Tom and His Merry Men Lecture notes contain:

BBQ Ribs Three Coins Across Jeremiah Zuo Here is one of my favorite coin routines that my friend Jeremiah can often be found performing. It is a simple handling of the 3 Fly/Visible Coins across which maximizes each magical moment by reducing the number of coins in the hands during each phase.

The Contest: Poker Players Picnic REDUX Ed Oschmann/Tom Dobrowolski This handling of the classic lazy man’s ace trick makes the routine actually fun! You will use this....a LOT!

Poor Old Uncle Joe Jack Carpenter The ever generous and industrious Jack Carpenter has graciously allowed me to share this simple and fun laymen pleaser.

Streamlined Prediction John Carey My good friend John Carey so generously allowed me to share this prediction effect which I ABSOLUTELY love performing.

Blackjack for Brother John David Kuraya Richard Kaufmans described the Pinochle Trick this way in The Secrets of Brother John Hamman: ...four cards, lots of changes, and four completely different cards show up at the end. (p. 97) If you like the sound of that, then one, get that book! And two, youll love this.

Right Down the Street Tom Dobrowolski This is my handling of the Out of This World plot inspired by the genius Dani DaOrtiz...it's your life….

Hana Ho Card Curtis Kam "Hana Ho" means "Do it Again!" in Hawaiian. And Hawaii magician Curtis Kam uses this simplified moving hole effect to answer that call, it's a quick encore to any effect using a signed card that transforms that card into something just a little more special for the lucky person who gets to keep it.

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 19th, 2014, 9:20 am

I am extending this special PDF offer above through this Friday May 23.

Thanks all for your orders so far! Appreciate the response!

Cheers- Tom

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 21st, 2014, 11:23 am

Thanks again to all who have ordered so far!

Just a few more days to take advantage of this special offer!! Check above posts for the details of the offer AND table of contents for the notes. Cheers!

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 22nd, 2014, 9:32 pm

Need some assistance from my magic friends:-) First of all thanks to all who have purchased the notes. I truly appreciate the support!

Now thvere next week to meet a personal goal I set for raising the money from my lecture notes to donate I need to sell 10 more PDFs of the new lecture notes ($12.00) or 10 sets of the special lecture notes PDF deal ($15.00 for both lecture notes). For anyone who wants a hard copy I'll sell the new set for $15.00 delivered in the US. I only have a few left. Both sets have great fun magic from my friends and myself you will learn and do! My Paypal is tdmagic@sbcglobal.net and in the notes please put what you'd like to purchase. Any questions, etc. please email or message me.

Cheers!-Tom

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » May 30th, 2014, 10:27 pm

Just wanted to mention I will honor the 2 lecture notes for $ 15.00 offer above through next Friday June 6. Thanks all!- Tom

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » June 6th, 2014, 9:38 pm

How about one more week for the above special deal? Sure why not:-) Available now through Friday June 13!!

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » June 30th, 2014, 5:25 pm

Let's keep this special going at least through this week and the 4th of July weekend! PDFs of the new lecture notes "The Experts at the Breakfast Table" for $12.00 OR the special lecture notes PDF deal "The Experts at the Breakfast Table" notes AND "Tom and His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up!" both for $15.00! Both sets have great fun magic from my friends and myself you will learn and do!Details of the contents of both notes are above in this thread. My Paypal is tdmagic@sbcglobal.net and in the notes PLEASE put what you'd like to purchase. Any questions, etc. please email or message me. (Oh and if you just want the previous notes "Tom and His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up!" $ 10.00 for the PDF of those notes by themselves.)

Return to “Buzz”