Original Lee Noble Wallet

Your doorway to those rare collectibles that everyone is searching for: books, props, posters, cards, and paper ephemera are all here for you to buy and sell.
Seth Kramer

Original Lee Noble Wallet

Postby Seth Kramer » July 9th, 2009, 4:55 pm

A beautiful Le Paul style wallet made of seville cowhide. I Purchased two of these from Lee Noble in the mid to late 70's. This one is my backup and has never been used (my original worker is still going strong).

One of the best Le Paul wallets ever made! Price includes package of 50 envelopes that fit perfectly.
Asking $200.00 or best offer. 1st PM that meets asking price gets it.
$5.00 priority shipping.

Seth Kramer
31 Whistlerhill Lane
Huntington, NY 11743
516-659-1123

mysticmelville
Favorite Magician: roy walton

Re: Original Lee Noble Wallet

Postby mysticmelville » July 5th, 2013, 1:07 pm

Hi Seth,
I am sure someone would have bought this from you ,though I am just making sure.

Very Best,
Dean

mysticmelville
Favorite Magician: roy walton

Postby mysticmelville » July 9th, 2013, 6:07 am

I realise that this wallet is more than a bit tricky to find these days and living in the north of Scotland as I do it is even more so.
If anyone out there has one and might possibly consider selling, please PM me. Cheers, Dean

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » April 27th, 2014, 7:29 am

Hi everyone,

I am still trying to find myself a Lee Noble card to envelope wallet. If anyone has any thoughts on where one could be found for sale I would be very grateful.
I was offered one around a year ago, though the gentleman selling did not get back to me to close the deal.
Anyway, thanks in advance,

Dean

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 27th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Sorry bud these have been off the market for so long it is crazy. The guy who made these has been dead for a long time also.
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 27th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Tony, you might consider making them. I doubt there are "rights" to buy, but that's easily checked out.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » April 27th, 2014, 3:42 pm

Thanks guys,

I love a challenge, and often will eventually find what I'm looking for. Though this one is proving pretty tricky.

D

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » April 27th, 2014, 3:45 pm

J.P. Jackson sold me a Lee Noble Le Paul wallet a few months before he passed away last August. That wallet is special to me in more ways than its utility. He had another one to sell and right now, I don't know who has it, but it's something I can eventually find out.

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » April 28th, 2014, 2:48 pm

I would be grateful for any info on this possibility Leonard.

Cheers

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 28th, 2014, 2:56 pm

There is really not much special about the design. It is a good quality wallet. Much like Jerry's Nuggets it has gotten a bit mythologized over the years...

www.rfaproductions.com

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » April 28th, 2014, 3:12 pm

I lived over in the states 20 years ago and a friend had mentioned Lee Noble to me then. I heard the quality was good and that the design was not complicated. I move between cards and pickpocketing, so my reasons in chasing this are a combination of things. Quality, practicality, and probably a little nostalgia.

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 28th, 2014, 3:15 pm

All are good reasons... Me I am still looking for some wallets that I doubt I will find... But I keep looking.
Tony

www.rfaproductions.com

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » April 28th, 2014, 4:02 pm

I remember talking to Gordon Bruce (Scottish Magic Archive) in Glasgow and him saying in regards to magic books "they find you". I feel the same about most magical things that I've been fortunate to find.When I don't try so hard is when it will appear!

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 28th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Doomo wrote:There is really not much special about the design. It is a good quality wallet. Much like Jerry's Nuggets it has gotten a bit mythologized over the years...

Agreed.

I have a Noble wallet--it's very utilitarian and will get the job done for sure--very reliable and easy to load. It is built to last and is a worker. John Mendoza has also spoken very highly of it.

However, I actually prefer the original Allen Okawa Eel skin wallet (I've seen at least 2 on ebay recently). Really nice design and classy leather. Also, I like the Barry Price wallet as made by Owens--although I think the zipper is a little trickier. It has a "certain something" that makes hitting the correct spot a breeze.

The other LePaul/Jennings wallet that took me a long, long time to track down was the Michael Forbes wallet, which is absolutely beautiful. However, for actual use, I don't care for it as much in terms of the envelope loading mechanism. It's lauded by a lot of pros, though so perhaps one day I'll put it into play.

Does anyone have one of the Ron Wilson wallets that he was selling for a while? If so, how is it? It was supposed to be very nice.
Last edited by erdnasephile on April 29th, 2014, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » April 28th, 2014, 8:45 pm

magicmelville wrote:I would be grateful for any info on this possibility Leonard.

Cheers

Sent you a PM.

Thurston
Favorite Magician: David Williamson

Postby Thurston » April 29th, 2014, 10:51 am

I agree with the comments that sometimes when you stop looking things fall in your lap. A year ago I visited my local magic shop and they had a table of used magic for sale cheap. I picked up a thin plain box and opened it. Inside was a a mint Noble wallet and instruction sheets... price $10! I beat them down to $6 and left... kidding, I snatched it up for $10 though!

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 29th, 2014, 11:37 am

For those who haven't seen one, here is what a Lee Noble looks like:

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 29th, 2014, 11:50 am

Here's the Okawa wallet (flash in the picture doesn't do it justice--it's really nice)

Last edited by erdnasephile on April 29th, 2014, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 29th, 2014, 2:01 pm

Forbes:

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » April 29th, 2014, 2:58 pm

These photos are great, though I cant get passed the previous information that a mint Noble wallet was picked up for $10. That must be the luckiest story out there!

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 29th, 2014, 3:20 pm

Like I said the Noble and the Okawa while well made were not particularly special in function even for the time they were first sold.

I collect wallets and have an Okawa. As for the Noble mechanically speaking it is very basic.

To be honest I was far happier to finally get my hands on an ORIGINAL Himber wallet not the monstrosity pawned off on the buying public for the last 50 years.

Sorry if I pissed in someone's cornflakes. I just look at it a bit differently as I am a bit more involved.

www.rfaproductions.com

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » April 29th, 2014, 4:34 pm

Fair point

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 29th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Tony: Are you at liberty to share what makes the original Himber wallet so special please?

Thurston
Favorite Magician: David Williamson

Postby Thurston » April 29th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Yes, getting it for $10 was one of my luckier days :) Tony is right, the mechanics are sinple but it was defintely designed right to do the job efficiently which is all you can really ask of most wallets. I have a decent collection of wallets and some with so called multi-functions but the simpler ones are my favorites (including Tony's Hip Pocket Bombshell)

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 29th, 2014, 6:59 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Tony, you might consider making them. I doubt there are "rights" to buy, but that's easily checked out.

Hello Richard. Actually I made 2 for different people from lovely italian calf. They were functionally identical. Afterwards both people were unhappy. When I asked Why? They responded that "There must be more to it". Such was the power of legend. I explained that these copies were identical and in fact functioned even better than the originals. But structurally identical. But they had somehow gotten the idea that the wallets made it far more magical somehow.Oh well...

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 29th, 2014, 7:04 pm

erdnasephile wrote:Tony: Are you at liberty to share what makes the original Himber wallet so special please?

You are familiar with the z- fold or strap himber wallet? Even the so called locking ones are effectively trash. Imagine being able to put one in the hands of an an audience member safely after the switch has happened. I searched for 12 years for one. And worked for two more years to make one like it. It was a STONE BITCH! No exaggeration there... But I DO love it... It is that old .. OVER 50 years and STILL the best thing of its kind.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 29th, 2014, 7:08 pm

I suppose that's the power of the shared LePaul/Jennings design, I tend to think: simple = less stuff to go wrong in actual use.

There are certainly design finesses and some material issues (Some are too soft to me), but ultimately, it's really a matter of taste, I reckon.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 29th, 2014, 7:11 pm

Doomo wrote:
erdnasephile wrote:Tony: Are you at liberty to share what makes the original Himber wallet so special please?

You are familiar with the z- fold or strap himber wallet? Even the so called locking ones are effectively trash. Imagine being able to put one in the hands of an an audience member safely after the switch has happened. I searched for 12 years for one. And worked for two more years to make one like it. It was a STONE BITCH! No exaggeration there... But I DO love it... It is that old .. OVER 50 years and STILL the best thing of its kind.

Tony

Wow! That sounds very cool. I never realized the original was so different. Too bad they're so difficult to make--sounds like a huge leap over the current stuff.

Thanks!

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » April 29th, 2014, 7:18 pm

Last one: This is one of the wallets the late Barry Price used to sell directly. It's kind of a cool 2 tone piece. Has my favorite loading mechanism.

J Siegfried
Favorite Magician: Johnny Thompson

Postby J Siegfried » May 3rd, 2014, 4:13 pm

An Okawa Wallet currently up for sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281326508349?ss ... 1555.l2649
Every day you wake up is a good day...

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » May 4th, 2014, 4:20 am

Its unfortunate that this seller will not ship to the UK!

magicmelville

Re: Unknown Wallet

Postby magicmelville » August 30th, 2017, 11:11 am

Can anyone help me in finding out the maker of this Lepaul style wallet. All the info I have is that it was sent over from the U.S.A to the U.K approx 25 years ago.
When the photo came through it was tagged as saying the wallet was by Lee Noble, I'm not so sure as I thought he only worked in Seville Cowhide. The cuts for credit cards and general layout do look a little like a Noble as well as the old Supreme Magic Co Lepaul released in the 80's (though I have that one an its in a heavy pebbled leather)
Any thoughts gratefully recieved
Cheers

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxqfb ... 0ZvSE00RjA

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 31st, 2017, 12:10 am

I knew Lee Noble. He was a very nice man and a good performer.

magicmelville

Postby magicmelville » August 31st, 2017, 4:36 am

Hi Richard,

I've only ever heard good things about him. I have one of his Sevilly a cowhide Lepaul wallets. Lovely!

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » August 31st, 2017, 6:22 pm

The Ross Bertram wallet beats all of these. It's really clever and really simple. I have one Ross gave me. It's described in one of his books but the photos there do not do it justice.

I did a card in wallet with a Himber. You are wearing a jacket. The Himber is under your right arm held in place. It's horizontal. Palm out the card and reach in your jacket and right into the underside of the Himber leaving the card. Take out the wallet and open to other side to show it empty. Etc.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » August 31st, 2017, 9:18 pm

Here's a picture of the Ross Bertram wallet (in a post from Glenn Farrington)

viewtopic.php?t=24042

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » August 31st, 2017, 10:18 pm

Bob Farmer wrote:The Ross Bertram wallet beats all of these. It's really clever and really simple. I have one Ross gave me. It's described in one of his books but the photos there do not do it justice.

I did a card in wallet with a Himber. You are wearing a jacket. The Himber is under your right arm held in place. It's horizontal. Palm out the card and reach in your jacket and right into the underside of the Himber leaving the card. Take out the wallet and open to other side to show it empty. Etc.

Wow! I had never heard of anyone doing CIW with a Himber! That sounds super strong! Do you no longer do that effect, Bob? Which Himber wallet did/do you use? You mentioned that you reach under your right arm. So, are you left-handed?

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 1st, 2017, 3:15 pm

Bob is multi-handed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » May 16th, 2020, 11:52 am

erdnasephile wrote:
Doomo wrote:

Tony

Wow! That sounds very cool. I never realized the original was so different. Too bad they're so difficult to make--sounds like a huge leap over the current stuff.

Thanks!

Update: After 6 years of looking, I finally lucked into an an original Richard Himber wallet. It really is something special. The tolerances are so precise, it just about locks by itself. Thanks for the tip, Tony!

I am still trying to hunt down a Lee Nobel Himber Wallet, so if you have one you wish to part with, please give me a holler by PM.

Return to “Collector's Marketplace”