Richard Kaufman in Magic

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.
Bill Mullins

Richard Kaufman in Magic

Postby Bill Mullins » October 21st, 2013, 9:23 pm

The current issue of Magic Magazine is re-running two tricks written up by Richard Kaufman from back when he was a columnist: "Twisted Trio" by Skinner/Jennings/Dingle and "The Duck Change" by Hiro Sakai. In the former, which is "Twisting the Aces" on steroids, RK says "Michael Skinner's handling of this routine appears in the apparently doomed project Ten for Ten . . . ." Although it seems that Mr. Busby has left magic, wouldn't it be nice if some of the material that he accumulated could get released. And has the Sakai change been published elsewhere? It was one of the first color changes I ever learned when I got started in magic in the late 1990s, and I certainly didn't see this write-up. Did Paul Harris do something with it in his Astonishment trilogy?

(and it gladdens me that, in a hobby with so many legendary feuds, the publishers of the two biggest journals get along and respect each other)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Richard Kaufman in Magic

Postby Richard Kaufman » October 21st, 2013, 10:06 pm

I was pleased to be the first to publish both of those items. The Duck Change speaks for itself. The Dingle/Jennings/Skinner routine is a brut to do, but fooled every magician who saw it.

But there was supposed to be a third item in my re-run column in MAGIC: Giovanni Livera's "Passage to China." Does it not appear?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » October 21st, 2013, 11:03 pm

Yes it does; shame on me for not mentioning it as well.

lybrary

Postby lybrary » October 22nd, 2013, 12:25 am

Bill Mullins wrote:And has the Sakai change been published elsewhere?

Yes it has: "The Color Change" by Crispin Sartwell, available both in print and digital http://www.lybrary.com/the-color-change ... 12038.html
Lybrary.com Magic & Gambling
preserving magic one book at a time

Return to “Other Magic Publications”