Separation Anxiety

Discuss products and their reviews in Genii.
Bob Farmer

Separation Anxiety

Postby Bob Farmer » September 21st, 2013, 4:59 pm

For mental health reasons, I just had to take a break from writing the "Bammo Ten Card Deal Dossier." You can lose perspective if you keep at something like this--I'd just worked through Jeff Pierce's routine which requires, among other things, drinking a lot of beer (I'm not kidding)--and I thought I needed to clear my head (and put these beer bottles away).

Bruce Bernstein, who has an honored place in my book, as one of the premier Sultans of Swindle, was selling a new trick, "Separation Anxiety," which sounded--like a lot of Bruce's stuff--completely impossible. So I figured--like a lot of Bruce's stuff--the method would be in the upper echelons of deviousness--and I just had to know how it worked because here's the effect:

You hand a spectator a small packet of ungaffed, face-down cards. You tell her to follow her intuition and deal the packet into two piles on the table--but she is to deal the cards completely at random (i.e., not back and forth in a regular manner, but helter skelter).

She does so. When the two piles are checked:

1. There are exactly ten cards in each pile.

2. She has somehow divided the ten red cards from the ten black cards.

This is about as clean and fast an "Out of this World" effect as you can get. Bruce also provides a second phase, different from the first, which in effect is different enough to be interesting, and in method relies on something the audience has understood from the first phase.

It's 16 pages of unmitigated sneakiness and I highly recommend it to one and all. See
www.BruceMBernstein.com

Doomo

Re: Separation Anxiety

Postby Doomo » September 21st, 2013, 8:57 pm

Well, I would order it... Being old and stupid limits me more than I thought. I cant figure out HOW to order it. No links etc.
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » September 21st, 2013, 9:17 pm

Tony, when I ordered it I ended up emailing Bruce and he sent the info.

Tom

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » September 22nd, 2013, 12:16 am

All it takes is a PayPal payment indicating "Separation Anxiety" in the notes. Bruce sent me the file about 10 minutes later. Clever stuff!!

Doomo

Postby Doomo » September 23rd, 2013, 5:26 pm

Evan Shuster wrote:All it takes is a PayPal payment indicating "Separation Anxiety" in the notes. Bruce sent me the file about 10 minutes later. Clever stuff!!

Well, he doesn't make it easy. No Paypal info on the site that I could find. No live links for ordering. But I am still trying.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » September 23rd, 2013, 5:43 pm

Yeah... I agree that he could have made it a bit easier. :) Go to the very bottom of the products page and you'll see the ordering info and his email address (which is the same as his PayPal address)

Doomo

Postby Doomo » September 23rd, 2013, 7:12 pm

Evan Shuster wrote:Yeah... I agree that he could have made it a bit easier. :) Go to the very bottom of the products page and you'll see the ordering info and his email address (which is the same as his PayPal address)

I did not see where it said it was the same as his email addy. Mine for example is different. But the order is in. Thanks for the help Evan!

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com

Return to “Light From the Lamp”