The Reel Works

Discuss general aspects of Genii.

The Reel Works

Postby Guest » March 22nd, 2002, 4:17 pm

In another post, I mentioned how wonderful FULMINATIONS was, and that I'd like to see it back in Genii. This is to Pete Biro, who also had a nice column back in the day. Pete, what do you feel, in retrospect, were some valuable things you passed along? Any nuggets? Thanks!

Bill Duncan

Re: The Reel Works

Postby Bill Duncan » March 22nd, 2002, 7:30 pm

I don't know what Pete will say but I think "The Reel Works" was where I encountered Danny Korem's chop cup final load technique which is a killer!

Pete? Am I rememebering correctly?

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » March 22nd, 2002, 10:16 pm

"The Reel Works": Now there was a great column! Of course I'm biased: I once got an "honorable mention" in a torn & restored card contest. Oh my, but that was a long time ago! Oddly enough the method I came up with I really did “invent” all by my lonesomes. I had never heard of Karrel Fox's "Signa-Tare Card Illusion" until Pete mentioned that my method was a derivative of the Fox effect. After I read that, I immediately went out and bought the Stars of Magic manuscript. I've been doing that T&R card (and later added a little of my own work) since.

All thanks to you, Pete.

Best,
Dustin

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 23rd, 2002, 5:42 pm

Many thanks re "The Reel Works" -- if it doesn't your in deep doo doo...

I wish I could remember all the stuff I wrote about... I understand Racherbaumer has a complete file pulled out of the magazines.

Those were fun days when my work had me travelling EVERYWHERE and with time to lecture, attend conventions everywhere and make hundreds of friends...

stay tooned...
Stay tooned.

Return to “General”