Collins Key – AGT

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Collins Key – AGT

Postby Dustin Stinett » June 14th, 2013, 1:34 am

Any comments about young Collins Key’s performance on AGT? I just watched it tonight (I always DVR the show and speed through all the backstory bullsh!t and especially the extraneous judge crapola.

In searching the site to make sure his name wasn’t elsewhere, I found it in a Magic Castle post. About a year ago he worked the Parlour during “Future Stars Week.”

I thought he did pretty well. I don’t know what the emotions were all about (again, I bypass all the backstory stuff). I will be interested in seeing what he does next.

There was also a lady escapologist. I was less impressed by her, but again, I do look forward to what else she does.

Dustin

P.T.Widdle

Re: Collins Key – AGT

Postby P.T.Widdle » July 4th, 2013, 2:31 pm

I'm not familiar with the routine of this trick, but I thought you're not supposed to ever tell the audience what exactly is going to happen (unless it's something different). Key said, "This dollar is going to appear in the bag." And then it did.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » July 4th, 2013, 7:29 pm

This is certainly not a hard and fast rule. Sometimes making a fantastic claim leads to dramatic anticipation which can be a good thing when handled properly. Given the reaction from the judges, he handled it properly.

Frank Quiroz

Postby Frank Quiroz » July 4th, 2013, 11:12 pm

i believe the emotion may have been a result of the reaction he received by the audience, and he probably didn't expect that, in fact he probably had the fear of those big red Xs the entire time. i'm sure we'd all agree that the feeling we get when the spectators are in absolute awe is the ultimate feeling for us. as far as the performance, whether I or any other magician liked it or not, I'd say he killed it. he achieved with an audience what all of us want as magicians. bravo to him
Frank Quiroz

Return to “Buzz”