Tom & His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up!" Lecture

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Tom Dobrowolski

Tom & His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up!" Lecture

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » February 11th, 2013, 11:22 am

Tom Dobrowolski is pleased to present "his" all new lecture:

"Tom and His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up!"

Monday February 25 7:00 PM Conjuror's Corners at Mr. Beef and Pizza 1796 South Elmhurts Rd. Mount Prospect, Illinois.

From the lecture notes:

I REALLY like this lecture. Let me explain that a bit.

When I started putting the lecture together I realized some of my favorite tricks to perform werent mine. I contacted my friends who had created those tricks to ask if I could include them in my lecture. They all not only graciously and without reservation agreed to let me use those tricks but every one of them asked if there was anything else of theirs I wanted to include. I couldn't believe it! Not being greedy I just used the tricks I asked about. All of these are currently unpublished routines. The Jack Carpenter trick will be appearing on a DVD Jack recently filmed to be released through Paper Crane Magic but it is appearing for the first time in print right here. Because of their generosity this lecture is a whole LOT better than it would have been!

So if you like the lecture thank Jeremiah, Ed Oschmann, John Carey, Jack Carpenter and Uncle Curtis Kam. If you dont blame me as I must have done a really lousy job in presenting their terrific magic!

I REALLY like this lecture!

More importantly Im pretty sure YOULL really like this lecture!

BBQ Ribs Three Coins Across
Jeremiah Zhang

Here is one of my favorite coin routines that my friend Jeremiah can often be found performing. It is a simple handling of the 3 Fly/Visible Coins across which maximizes each magical moment by reducing the number of coins in the hands during each phase.

The Contest: Poker Players Picnic REDUX
Ed Oschmann/Tom Dobrowolski

This handling of the classic lazy mans ace trick makes the routine actually fun! You will use this....a LOT!

Poor Old Uncle Joe
Jack Carpenter

The ever generous and industrious Jack Carpenter has graciously allowed me to share this simple and fun laymen pleaser.

Streamlined Prediction
John Carey

My good friend John Carey so generously allowed me to share this prediction effect which I ABSOLUTELY love performing.

Blackjack for Brother John
David Kuraya

Richard Kaufmans described the Pinochle Trick this way in The Secrets of Brother John Hamman: ...four cards, lots of changes, and four completely different cards show up at the end. (p. 97) If you like the sound of that, then one, get that book! And two, youll love this.

Right Down the Street
Tom Dobrowolski

This is my handling of the Out of This World plot inspired by the genius Dani DaOrtiz...it's your life....

Hana Ho Card
Curtis Kam

"Hana Ho" means "Do it Again!" in Hawaiian. And Hawaii magician Curtis Kam uses this simplified moving hole effect to answer that call, it's a quick encore to any effect using a signed card that transforms that card into something just a little more special for the lucky person who gets to keep it.

Performances of OiATER and In The Hands Wild Card

Plus a couple of extras. (Yes John I am going to include my ACAAN)

If you can bring a deck of cards, 3 coins and a matching shell and a hole punch and we can work through these together. Come on out. This is going to be fun!

Free for members. $20 for guests. Join now for $40 and see Tom Dobrowolski, Barrie Richardson, Daryl, AND the CC magic contest!

March 25: Barrie Richardson

April 18: Daryl

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: Tom & His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up!" Lecture

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » February 13th, 2013, 10:27 am

Ok a lecture giveaway! Everyone who attends the lecture will have a chance to win this package of stuff. A copy of my first lecture notes with the DVD "10 Things I Know For Sure" (close up and stand up material), a copy of my "In The Hands Wild Card" DVD, a copy of Jeremiah and my out of print manuscript (with routines and moves from Curtis Kam and Eric Jones) on oil and water "OiATER" as well as a copy of the new notes. Hey even if you don't want it all you can always sell it on eBay:) Ha ha! Look forward to seeing you there!

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: Tom & His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up!" Lecture

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » February 19th, 2013, 12:51 pm

One of the amazing things you'll learn at the lecture next Monday :grin: :o!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xqCQjM9tc4

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » February 22nd, 2013, 4:37 pm

A few folks have asked and yes I will have copies of the notes available for purchase after the lecture next Monday. I can post info. here next week and/or email me if interested. Thanks- Tom

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » February 26th, 2013, 4:48 pm

I do have a handful of lecture notes left from my lecture last night "Tom and His Merry Men or I Want to be a Spanish Magician When I Grow Up!" Details above. Printed copies are $15.00 +p&h . PDF/ebook Version available also at $12.00. Anyone interested message or email me. If you have had the opportuinyty to read the notes or were at the lecture and would like to post about them feel free:) (but be ...kind Ha ha!!!) Thanks to those that did come out. I appreciate the support!

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » February 28th, 2013, 9:56 am

I am running low on hard copies of the lecture notes. If you are interested in getting a hard copy set you may want to order soon as I'm not sure I'll reprint when these are gone. The PDF is of course available:) Thanks!

Tom Dobrowolski

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » March 3rd, 2013, 9:00 pm

I am down to the last 7 hard copies of the notes. If you want a hard copy let me know soon:)

A couple of the effects in the notes that are from my friends are truly worth the price of the notes. The Jack Carpenter contribution appears on his just released new 2 DVD set but appeared here first through Jack's generosity. Curtis Kam's "Hana Ho" could easily be sold as an individual effect for the price of the notes and that's just 2 of the items. Thanks to those who have already picked up a set! If interested let me know.....soon. Feel free to spread the word if you know anyone else that may be interested.

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”