Combined IBM/SAM Convention in 2014 Registration Information

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Combined IBM/SAM Convention in 2014 Registration Information

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 30th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Okay, folks, the biggest convention of 2014 is going to be the combined IBM/SAM convention in St. Louis. The last combined convention drew 1900 people--the largest convention ever in the USA.

This time the theater seat limit is 1400, so I would suggest that you take advantage of this early registration offer not only to save money, but to make sure you GET IN! See below for the press release:

I.B.M.and S.A.M. ANNOUNCE REGISTRATION FOR
BLOCKBUSTER 2014 COMBINED CONVENTION

The worlds two largest magic organizations will hold a combined convention in St. Louis, Missouri, on July 1-5, 2014. The convention will draw amateur and professional magic enthusiasts from every corner of the world and attendance will be limited to 1400 registrants.

Featured during the five day event will be the FISM North American Championships of Magic in close-up and stage with winners having the opportunity to compete in the FISM 2015 World Championships of Magic in Rimini, Italy. Competitors will also be competing in stage and close-up magic for I.B.M. and S.A.M., as well as the IBM/SAM Champion of Magic selected by Peoples Choice. Cash prizes and performing contracts for winners could exceed $20,000.

Beginning February 1st, for a period of 28 days, those who plan to attend will have the opportunity to register for the convention at an all-inclusive price of $295. Register on-line and by mail. No telephone registrations will be accepted. At the end of February, registration will close until July 2013 when the registration price will be $395.

New for the 2014 Combined Convention will be a special two day event, the Lance Burton Young Magicians Seminar, for magicians between the ages of 7 and 19. Young magicians under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult (parent, relative or guardian) who is registered for the 2014 Combined Convention.

Registration information and forms, contest information and forms and a preliminary schedule overview can be found on the convention website www.ibmsam.com
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

MarkWeidhaas

Re: Combined IBM/SAM Convention in 2014 Registration Information

Postby MarkWeidhaas » February 1st, 2013, 6:26 am

Registration is now open for the next 28 days. www.ibmsam.com

See you in St Louis '14
Anne Weidhaas, registrar

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 25th, 2013, 11:23 am

New Press Release below. NOTE that the really amazing discount for pre-registration is only open for a few more days.
THE GENII WILL BE THERE! How about you? Convention is guaranteed to sell out, so why waste money by registering later when you can save now?

2014 COMBINED CONVENTION REGISTRATION OPENS WITH A BANG

Registration for the 2014 I.B.M./S.A.M. Combined Convention opened with a bang on Friday, February 1. By the end of the first day the registration center had received an astonishing 100 registrations, and with just a few days left to register, we now have 400!

The five day event will be held in St. Louis, Missouri on July 1-5, 2014 at the Renaissance Grand Hotel and the Peabody and Ferrara Theaters. The Combined Convention will feature the North American F.I.S.M. Championships of Magic in close-up and stage with winners having the opportunity to compete in the FISM 2015 World Championships of Magic in Rimini, Italy. Competitors will also be competing in stage and close-up magic for I.B.M. and S.A.M., as well as the IBM/SAM Champion of Magic selected by Peoples Choice. Cash prizes and performing contracts for winners could exceed $20,000.

Other events at the five day convention are a welcome party, opening show, three gala evening shows, final contest show, a close-up gala show, international lecturers, dealers from around the world, an elegant banquet, awards presentations, farewell party, plus a host of other regular member events.

Register now at the low introductory price of $295.00 and save! Registration information and forms, preliminary schedule overview and other information can be found on the convention website: http://www.ibmsam.com
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » February 28th, 2013, 8:01 am

Last day for the early bird rate!

PS: I've stayed at the convention hotel before--it's very nice.

Return to “Buzz”