Magic in Luxor?

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
mrgoat

Magic in Luxor?

Postby mrgoat » February 24th, 2013, 7:27 am

I'm getting married soon and going to Egypt on honeymoon. Will be spending a few days in Luxor. Obviously unlikely to be able to hook up with Luxor Gali Gali's relative as P&T did in their old DVD, but wondered if anyone here knew about magicians there, in Luxor? A club? Street magicians? Anything?

Sadly, google doesn't throw up much apart form 'magic' hot air balloon rides etc.

Thanks in advance.

Kent Gunn

Re: Magic in Luxor?

Postby Kent Gunn » February 24th, 2013, 10:32 am

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. A honeymoon in Egypt sounds really awesome. I don't advocate having the wife put up with magical adventures, especially on your damned honeymoon. It's bad enough you plan on doing the bunnies for her.

It could be worse than looking for street magicians in Luxor. I'm pretty sure the only magicians, here in Equatorial Guinea are of the type that cast spells and hexes.

Have a grand time on your honeymoon!!!

KG

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 24th, 2013, 11:07 am

I'd love to go to Egypt, but it's not a good for Jews right now. I hope YOU have a great time.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » February 24th, 2013, 11:14 am

Kent Gunn wrote:Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. A honeymoon in Egypt sounds really awesome. I don't advocate having the wife put up with magical adventures, especially on your damned honeymoon. It's bad enough you plan on doing the bunnies for her.

It could be worse than looking for street magicians in Luxor. I'm pretty sure the only magicians, here in Equatorial Guinea are of the type that cast spells and hexes.

Have a grand time on your honeymoon!!!

KG

:)

I'm marrying her, because, despite being with me for 4 years she still LOVES magic!

So it wouldn't be a chore for her to spend the evening with some Egyptian magi!

:)

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » February 24th, 2013, 11:16 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:I'd love to go to Egypt, but it's not a good for Jews right now. I hope YOU have a great time.

Indeed. Fortunately, most of the trouble seems to be in and around Cairo, where - due to government recommendations - we will have to miss. But Luxor and then down to Dahab for snorkling, sea and...shenanigans.

Return to “Buzz”