Genii Magazine

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Sean-Dylan

Genii Magazine

Postby Sean-Dylan » January 4th, 2013, 10:57 pm

I just want to say (no advertisement, it just the way I feel). Genii really is the best investment of all the Magic periodicals. You get the magazine monthly in the mail PLUS all of the extra content online with the extra material (ala video), PLUS the 75 years of history (ala iGenii). Mow that the Jamy Ian Swiss has ceased being the book reviewer, I would like tos see him on the cover along with a Magicana devoted to his Magic that has not seen print before.

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Genii Magazine

Postby Matthew Field » January 5th, 2013, 4:04 am

Hahahahahahahaha.

Matt Field

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » January 5th, 2013, 4:59 am

:)

magicrobharv

Postby magicrobharv » January 5th, 2013, 10:13 am

I recently renewed my Genii subscription. I also feel it is the best value in magic overall. The access to past issues is, in my opinion, what puts Genii over the top when comparing magic periodicals. That said, I have xeroxed Jamy Ian Swiss' book reviews that were especially useful and put them in the front of the magic book he reviewed. It is a pleasant surprise to pull a magic book out of your library and see a great Genii book review to refer back to, as you read the book.

Mr. Goat, the jpeg image you put in your post says it all. Still, it is sad to know that there will be no more book reviews in Genii by Jamy. Oh well, 2013 is calling. Time to move on.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 5th, 2013, 1:08 pm

If you look at the digital version of the January issue, you'll see a video of people wishing Genii happy birthday. When the film crew (who did that filming without my knowledge--they were there for another purpose) asked Jamy Swiss to wish Genii happy birthday, he sang happy birthday, then said "F*ck you, Richard," and flipped the bird--all on camera.

So I fired him because of that and other things too numerous too mention.

I don't think you'll be seeing Mr. Swiss in Genii in the future. But if you want to read his ramblings, accompanied by a photo where he's trying very hard to look like Ricky Jay, you can find him on Facebook making rude comments about me.

If you see him in person, brush the dandruff off his shoulders, duck when he performs a trick because he'll spit on you, and give him my best.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » January 5th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Pretty much a show of no class, as expected. Glad it was edited out.

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » January 5th, 2013, 6:05 pm

Too bad about the circumstances, but I am glad this video clip got mentioned. I had missed it on my first trip through the digital issue, and it's wonderful. All should check it out. Page 54.

keeper

Postby keeper » January 5th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Always unfortunate when a long-time relationship ends. Obviously the paticulairs are none of our business and there are others that can review books. His contributions were valuable to me and I will miss the ramblings. Thank you Richard for letting him continue in the long-review format during your rein--it complimented Gennii's longer, more detailed, articles well. I will remain hopeful that, perhaps,in time, fences will be mended, apologies made and an ocassional contribution might find its way back into the pages. After all ...I do belive in magic ;)
Every day is a magical adventure!

Al D'Alfonso

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 5th, 2013, 9:05 pm

I don't think anyone will be disappointed in the new book reviews by John Lovick and Will Houstoun.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Buzz”