Card To Wallet in the Spectator's Hands

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Card To Wallet in the Spectator's Hands

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 22nd, 2012, 12:10 pm

Another item that sounds intriguing from Harry Robson, a very nice magician and dealer who's a member of the Blackpool Magician's Club. This is also from magicweek.co.uk:

The Hands Off Wallet, From Harry Robson Magic: "Harry Robson is releasing a brand new wallet. A completely new handling of the Card to Envelope inside a wallet. For the first time the spectator holds the secret in their hands! The spectator holds the wallet, the spectator opens the wallet, they remove the envelope and they remove the card. The magician remains completely Hands Off! This is the first time a card to envelope has been done in a hip wallet, and its design even allows for a borrowed ring to end inside the envelope, with no problems. This is the result of years of research and testing. It also features Harry's Instant Reset concept, which means it's perfect for real world workers. 'I'm a self confessed magic wallet junkie and Harry's is the very best that I've seen. It takes the card in wallet to an entirely new level and features an instant reset, making it perfect for workers! If I sound enthusiastic about this, it's because I am - I absolutely love it!' Iain Moran. Stock is very limited so it is a good idea to pre-order, especially with the Blackpool Convention coming up in February!" To pre order and watch the trailer visit www.harryrobsonmagicshop.com
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

mrgoat

Re: Card To Wallet in the Spectator's Hands

Postby mrgoat » December 22nd, 2012, 1:54 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Another item that sounds intriguing from Harry Robson, a very nice magician and dealer who's a member of the Blackpool Magician's Club.

That looks quite nice, despite him being associated with Blackpool.

Wonder what we're not seeing in the video though.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 22nd, 2012, 2:11 pm

Is this done with a signed card? (I can't tell clearly from the video)

Shazzbatt

Postby Shazzbatt » December 22nd, 2012, 3:26 pm

Erdnasephile, it is a signed card to envelope in (hip)wallet.

I'll be seeing Harry at a gig on Boxing Day and have asked him to bring this along for me to take a look at. The reports from friends who have already seen this are very positive.

I'll report back after the 26th.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 22nd, 2012, 4:32 pm

Thanks, Mr. Allcock!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 22nd, 2012, 7:06 pm

Harry's one of the good guys.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Edward Pungot

Postby Edward Pungot » December 23rd, 2012, 4:04 pm

Shazzbatt

Postby Shazzbatt » December 26th, 2012, 7:03 pm

OK, so today I got a look at the prototype wallet that Harry has been using for a while now and had a go at loading a card into it. It does what it says on the promo. It's easy to load and uses the "instant reset" system you'll have seen on the mk2 version of the Instant Reset wallet so you can carry ten envelopes preset with you and you can easily reset the next one into the wallet between tables (or groups if strolling). Harry demonstrated this a few times for colleagues today and once the card is loaded into the envelope the spectator can genuinely take the wallet, open it, open the purse section and remove the sealed envelope themselves. Whilst the wallet is gimmicked for the load, I don't believe there is any risk in handing it to them as them don't know what is going to happen and the gimmicked section is not really noticed. I liked it. On a practical note there is a section for bills (big enough for UK banknotes which are wider than US notes), there are 3 credit card slots on the left side of the open wallet and the purse section on the right hand side.

I've asked him to put one aside for me when he receives the full shipment.

Mrgoat, what you don't see in the video is the actual load of the card into the wallet. It is a palmed card to wallet so this would be hidden by the pocket anyway. Richard is right though, Harry is definitely one of the good guys.

Return to “Buzz”