name and shame

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Geny

name and shame

Postby Geny » December 11th, 2012, 6:21 am

Dear magic brothers, I would like to report a Dishonest Magic Dealer in China: Gosh Magic. These people are cheaters and dishonest. Be careful DONT BUY FROM GOSH MAGIC and tell to all your friends.

Jim Maloney

Re: name and shame

Postby Jim Maloney » December 11th, 2012, 9:19 am

NB: Important distinction: this is not the same company as "Magic By Gosh".

That said, It would help if you could explain why you feel this way. What was your experience with them?

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » December 17th, 2012, 1:05 pm

Cracking thread.
Thanks Geny. Any other recommendations for us, if you're still around?

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » December 17th, 2012, 4:47 pm

Unfortunately, with absolutely no information having been provided, and the single post of a new user...it stands likely that "Geny" is actually Wing Lee, the owner of Gosh Magics major competitor (whomever they might be), out to badmouth Gosh Magic.

The syntax is a bit off in "Geny's" post....."and tell to all your friends" seems a typical example of somebody trying quite hard to pretend they're not a native speaker from mainland China.

Take as fact what gets posted on the internet?.......nah.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » December 24th, 2012, 1:57 am

"Geny" is from Italy (at least that's where the ISP is). But without specifics, I'd take the post for what it's worth...not much.

Marco Pusterla

Postby Marco Pusterla » December 24th, 2012, 3:31 am

This is a message that has been going around some FaceBook Italian magic groups in the past few weeks. The author is an Italian professional magician who had a bad experience with the company. On his FB page he explains what happened: this is the message from there:

Some friends called me at home to know exactly what happened with "GoshMagic. The answer is very simple they stole my time and money. I ordered 15 items but, after three months, they have sent me, by ordinary post (while I paid 50 Euro for Priority), only 4 and these were in pitiful conditions so that they could not even be presented to an audience of blind. Although I had paid with Pay Pal, the dispute is terminated when "the seller sends a package; even if it contained only a brick inside ", these were their exact words. The exception to this rule is the object or items purchased on E-Bay. The Postal Police can not do anything because it has no jurisdiction in China. I was kind and patient and before writing to you, I have also warned Goshmagic. I take advantage of your patience to emphasize that we should not generalize. In China, there are magic houses more or less serious. Yu Liu of Gosh Magic and his team, they are crooks, criminals. I wanted to share publicly what happened, only to prevent others from the same experience. We are all in the same boat and under the same flag.

I know the guy (he had a magic shop in the eighties) but I've not really followed the whole affair. I'm sure that is he wants to elaborate on the matter here, he will do so.
Marco Pusterla - https://mpmagic.co.uk

Ye Olde Magic Mag: magazine on magic history and collecting.

Marco Pusterla

Postby Marco Pusterla » December 24th, 2012, 9:34 am

Marco Pusterla wrote:I'm sure that IF he wants to elaborate on the matter here, he will do so.
Marco Pusterla - https://mpmagic.co.uk

Ye Olde Magic Mag: magazine on magic history and collecting.

Roger M.

Postby Roger M. » December 24th, 2012, 9:55 am

I'd be happy to be corrected and apologize.

Although "b_tch-bombing" every magic forum on earth with a single post minus any details is pointless, and a bit rude to the regular posters, I suppose there is a possibility that the seed of the post may have some truth to it.

....although that "two sides to every story" thing being what it is, I'd be very reluctant to believe any of it.

Return to “General”