Discuss general aspects of Genii.

"Houdini Action Figure" on Stupid.com

Postby Guest » December 6th, 2005, 1:38 pm

Talk about a great stocking stuffer!

Houdini Action Figure @ stupid.com

(www.stupid.com/stat/HOUD.html)

Re: "Houdini Action Figure" on Stupid.com

Postby Guest » December 6th, 2005, 2:07 pm

I notice that they have him getting out of a "straight jacket." Interesting. I guess this is as opposed to a mauve jacket with a lace dickey.

Postby Guest » December 6th, 2005, 6:38 pm

www.stevensmagic.com sells them as well.

They sent me one free a couple months ago because they were including one upon request if your order was over $200. I don't know if they are still making this offer.

I keep thinking I need to buy another one so I can take one out of the packaging. The packaging on it is too cool to ruin the one I have now...

Postby Guest » December 7th, 2005, 9:11 am

This is just one of a large selection of esoteric action figures made by Archie McPhees.
A wonderful company that's down the street from my house.
A great place to shop for unique and esoteric magic props of all kinds.
See all their action figure line here
http://www.mcphee.com/categories/action.html

George Olson

Postby George Olson » December 7th, 2005, 9:34 am

Payne:

We have a "new" store in Washington Square called L.O.L. that has them too. They also have Squeezers ($5.95 each) and the neatest "Three Shell" trick with little Fez's (complete with gold tassels).

I wonder if it's related!

See you at Stan's!

GO

Postby Guest » December 7th, 2005, 9:44 am

Also available at http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com

Thanks

Jeff

Postby Guest » December 7th, 2005, 10:21 am

When my brother (the movie star agent) sent me the pre-production publicity on the movie Death Defying Acts, he sent me one of those too which apparently is part of their marketing strategy. It is a very kewl little action figure which comes in leg and arm restraints and has a chair and rope with it as well.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB Stagecraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Makers of miracles for magicians and mentalists

Postby Guest » December 8th, 2005, 8:46 am

Originally posted by George Olson:
Payne:

We have a "new" store in Washington Square called L.O.L. that has them too. They also have Squeezers ($5.95 each) and the neatest "Three Shell" trick with little Fez's (complete with gold tassels).

I wonder if it's related!

See you at Stan's!

GO
The Little Fez three shell game is made by the same company that makes the Houdini action figure. It's called Accoutrement's and its retail outlet is Archee McPhee's
They also sell a real cute little gold plated Ark of the Covenant which, with a little work you can convert into a Kennedy Card box.

I just registered for Stan's so I'll see you there too.

Postby Guest » December 8th, 2005, 9:03 am

Originally posted by Paul Alberstat:
When my brother (the movie star agent) sent me the pre-production publicity on the movie Death Defying Acts, he sent me one of those too which apparently is part of their marketing strategy. It is a very kewl little action figure which comes in leg and arm restraints and has a chair and rope with it as well.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
AB Stagecraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Makers of miracles for magicians and mentalists
Hey Paul, any chance your brother could send me some of the pre-production publicity on the film? I've been looking for info so I can run a stiory about it on my website, www.houdini-lives.com

Thanks. :)

Return to “General”