Bob Markwood is back

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Tom Tourville
Favorite Magician: Daryl

Bob Markwood is back

Postby Tom Tourville » November 21st, 2012, 6:58 pm

Tom Tourville

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Bob Markwood is back

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 21st, 2012, 7:32 pm

We knew he would resurface eventually.

This line in the first paragraph of the article is the type of hyperbole that is injurious to all of us: "But a special INSIDE EDITION investigation has uncovered registered sex offenders working as child entertainers. Its a problem happening all over the country."

The article gives no evidence whatsoever that "registered sex offenders" are "working as child entertainters ... all over the country."
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

ReynaldoSanchez

Bob Markwood

Postby ReynaldoSanchez » November 22nd, 2012, 3:22 am

Yes, I have heard the news and it is shocking! Though part of the shock for me is that there us such a judgement placed on this man. Now if he has done wrong which all have, than wasn't his punishment given as a way to pay a debt due to society sufficient? Or is his past unforgivable? I dare to ask what forgiveness means to those who condemn or their judgements, are they just? What secrets we hide, what shameful thought and deeds we try to forget. Was a child molested during the time Bob has preformed these recent magic shows? Is it possible for a person to change or is change a myth? Does anyone know Bobs personal life? His evolvement in the community or his heart to help so many people in coming to have a transformed life. More info is needed. For a person is a person and humans should love even those who they may not understand. Love for our neighbor and love for the Creator is the only True Way. So I encourage you who read this, let us judge rightly and seek the Truth. :) let us gain from ancient wisdom. "The first to present his case seems right till another comes forward to question him" Prov.18:17

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: Bob Markwood

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 22nd, 2012, 3:58 am

According to some versions of ancient wisdom, he would have been stoned to death, so lets not get into that kind of discussion here. This is not the place and your comments push the envelope of the rules of this site regarding religious posting. Also, your argument about his completed sentence (apparentlyhe may be on parole) is not at all the issue. He is a registered sex offender and will be for life thus, his debt due to society continues accordingly. In some areas, he would not be allowed by law to be anywhere near children and doing so would land him back in jail. There is a very good reason for that given the broad range of recidivism rates among pedophiles. Such laws are not only for the protection of children, theyre also in the best interest of the individual under such scrutiny. Frankly I'm surprised that Texas apparently does not have such a law.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 22nd, 2012, 11:24 am

He drugged boys and then abused them. He should have been jailed for life.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » November 22nd, 2012, 12:44 pm

It's true that Markwood served his time, but I agree with Dustin that if he were serious about not reoffending, it would seem that he'd be better off choosing a career that would not constantly offer him temptation.

On another note, here is a rather useful US DOJ website. You can enter your address and it will bring up the pictures and addresses of registered sex offenders who live near you:

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/OffenderSearc ... Advanced=1

cz3ch
Favorite Magician: TA Waters

Re: Bob Markwood is back

Postby cz3ch » September 28th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Apologies in advanced for bringing up an old thread.

I met Bob Markwood and his wife 19 years ago when I was living and performing in California. I was 17 at the time and was referred to Anne White to do some promo photos. I was a fresh face in the Castle's junior group and ended up becoming friends with Bob and Anne quickly.

While I cannot attest to his crimes or actions from 2000 I can say that both myself and my father were a bit concerned with his antics when I went to visit him at his home to get my photos taken as well as at the Castle.

Every time I saw him he tried to force alcohol on me "to relax me" for my photos or for performances. I never accepted the offer of alcohol but from what I was told by others he had a habit of contributing to the delinquency of minors.

There was always something, "off" about him and I felt very uneasy being alone in a room with him.

It's sad that someone that is so sick to cause trauma to another living being, much less a child is allowed to continue living amongst us. What he did was not a "mistake". He is a criminal and should be treated as such. I've read that he is still performing for children's parties. I find this appalling.

I think it's a good practice that parents research who they invite into their home. A simple google search or public information search would turn up results for Markwood. Parents should exercise caution before inviting any old "clown" into their home and around their children.

I'm glad he was convicted and served his time, however the damage has been done to the victim and you can't take that away or make it easier for them.

Goes to show there's scum in all professions, even our own.

Return to “Buzz”