Poor Man's Cups & Balls

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
sokwanho

Poor Man's Cups & Balls

Postby sokwanho » July 3rd, 2012, 9:11 am

Hi All, I just published a packet tricks called ' Poor Man's Cups & Balls'. You can watch a demo here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ7f9nxjcZ4

This is my very first trick, hope you like it! and please let me know what you think! thx!

Stephen

mrgoat

Re: Poor Man's Cups & Balls

Postby mrgoat » July 3rd, 2012, 9:30 am

I like the music.

Tom Gilbert

Postby Tom Gilbert » July 3rd, 2012, 11:05 am

It's a cool idea and concept. But, would an understanding of the C&B be needed to follow it. I did watch it very late at night after work and thought there was a lot of handling. Wonder if a spectator would follow it.

sokwanho

Postby sokwanho » July 3rd, 2012, 12:05 pm

Hi Tom, thank you for your comments. I also questioned the same thing as you did. After showing it to some people, it is definitely more appealing to people who has an understanding of C&B like you said. For others, it is harder to follow but they do enjoy the illustrations and the surprise ending.

I did create a handling similar to an oil & water routine which is easier to follow but requires too many extra cards to make the packet trick reasonable in price.

Overall, i agree that this is definitely a nostalgic trick that is mostly for magic enthusiasts.

Will work on other handlings and share them here.

Curtis Kam

Postby Curtis Kam » July 3rd, 2012, 3:20 pm

Definitely better for people familiar with the C&B, but I hope you'll keep at it. And I hope you'll get permission to use the Brett Sherwood cups as models for the illustrations, since that way, I can finally afford to perform with a set of Sherwoods.

sokwanho

Postby sokwanho » July 4th, 2012, 3:11 am

Thx Curtis! that's a good idea:) will keep that in mind when i get the deck printed again...

Return to “Close-Up Magic”