HELP!!!!!! :)

Instead of mentally projecting your mentalism thoughts, type them here.
David Doerr

HELP!!!!!! :)

Postby David Doerr » May 21st, 2012, 12:46 am

I'm doing an interview / magic to sell myself or advertise myself. My friend is a palm reader/Psychic reader
She will be advertising me for my up coming shows. My question is since this is a field that deals with
Psychic readings, what kind of mind reading effects can I do for the viewing audience since this interview will
Be over webcam. I know I can do my regular tricks but I will like to spice it up with some mind reading effects.
I'll will take any suggestions and feedback. Thanks for taking the time to read this ( the interview starts on June 27th
Next month) ( also to clarify this will be a live interview where people can call in and ask questions, also interact with me
Via web chat)

Modern Maximus

Re: HELP!!!!!! :)

Postby Modern Maximus » May 26th, 2012, 1:33 am

To me, the question is a bit general, so my thought will be general.

It depends on experience, what you methods you prefer (there are a million ways to read a mind, most of the ways I personally wouldn't touch, but most mentalists do, so I'm in the minority-and the ways I like take a lot of time and practice).

If your a magician getting into mentalism, most would recommend the Corinda book 13 Steps to Mentalism. It's pretty 'magicy' in most of the methods but it's mentalist in appearance and would find something in there to fit the bill.

THIS IS VERY IMPORATANT: If you combine magic tricks w/ mentalism, it ALL will just appear be tricks. If you don't want to FULLY step over to the dark side and get rid of the magic (permanently), I'd just stick to the magic, tell them you do magic and still have fun with it.

Good luck!

Return to “Mentalism & Mental Magic”