Off the Books by Karl Fulves

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
Jeff Pierce Magic

Off the Books by Karl Fulves

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » May 8th, 2012, 7:26 pm

A friend emailed me today that his copies of "Off the Books" the companion to "Discoverie" is missing pages 15-20. I checked my copies and I also am missing those pages. Since mine were purchased from the after market, can someone who originally received these from Mr. Fulves please check their issues and let me know if this is common or was there something else included for those pages.

Thanks
Jeff

Matthew Field
Favorite Magician: Slydini

Re: Off the Books by Karl Fulves

Postby Matthew Field » May 9th, 2012, 5:55 am

Discoverie was originally issued with "Latter Day Secrets" and "Charlatan" as supplements. Issues 1 and 2 of "Off the Books" were also added (running through page 14) in 2003, then Karl offered issues 3-10 at $12 each, plus a reprint of issues 1 and 2 at $6 each, and an index for $4. Issue 3 began with page 21. However, issue 2 had 4 extra, unnumbered pages in it (on 3 sheets of paper), apparatus for an Ali Bobngo effect,"Unfolding Future."

So you're not missing any pages.

I'm lecturing on "Magic's Most Prolific Author" (guess who!) at The Magic Circle Collectors Day on Saturday, May 26. It's open to all and takes place at the Circle's headquarters in London. Tickets, at 40, include early coffee or tea, lunch, and afternoon tea. More info at http://www.themagiccircle.co.uk/public- ... y-26th-may .

Matt Field

Jeff Pierce Magic

Re: Off the Books by Karl Fulves

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » May 9th, 2012, 8:38 am

Matthew Field wrote:Discoverie was originally issued with "Latter Day Secrets" and "Charlatan" as supplements. Issues 1 and 2 of "Off the Books" were also added (running through page 14) in 2003, then Karl offered issues 3-10 at $12 each, plus a reprint of issues 1 and 2 at $6 each, and an index for $4. Issue 3 began with page 21. However, issue 2 had 4 extra, unnumbered pages in it (on 3 sheets of paper), apparatus for an Ali Bobngo effect,"Unfolding Future."

So you're not missing any pages.

I'm lecturing on "Magic's Most Prolific Author" (guess who!) at The Magic Circle Collectors Day on Saturday, May 26. It's open to all and takes place at the Circle's headquarters in London. Tickets, at 40, include early coffee or tea, lunch, and afternoon tea. More info at http://www.themagiccircle.co.uk/public- ... y-26th-may .

Matt Field

Looks like I'm missing the 3 page Ali Bongo Trick.

Thanks Matt.
Jeff Pierce

Return to “General”