NEW Cherry Villain project

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Caleb Wiles

NEW Cherry Villain project

Postby Caleb Wiles » April 19th, 2012, 9:40 am

On another forum, I saw a post about the new Cherry Villain website at www.CherryVillain.com. It was created by Tyler Wilson. I've always been a big fan of his books, so I was really excited to check out the site. Well, I had a few moments yesterday to take a look... and it's freaking awesome!

It's different than anything else out there at the moment, and I can see it becoming a great "go to" resource for magicians of all skill levels. So far, he's posted two very in-depth discussions about the pass and the double lift. He doesn't just teach the techniques; he carefully and thoughfully disects each move and their variations. Not to mention, the videos are funny and very entertaining to watch.

He's also posted a few videos of the very first versions of some popular magic plots (Oil and Water, Ambitious Card, Spectator Cuts The Aces, etc.) He performs them using their original methods and patter. It's crazy to see how these plots originally started and how far they've come since then.

You have to register to have access to the videos, but everything is completely free. You'll also need an invite code to register. Just enter "benrichards" in the appropriate section.

I just thought I'd pass along the info as I've been very entertained so far and CAN'T WAIT to see what's posted next.

Caleb
Get a FREE trick by signing up for my newsletter: www.eepurl.com/52H2

www.CalebWilesMagic.com

CraigOusterling
Favorite Magician: All the dead ones.

Re: NEW Cherry Villain project

Postby CraigOusterling » April 19th, 2012, 10:03 pm

Tyler Wilson lectured in my area (Santa Clara, CA) with Luke Dancy many years ago. I think they called it the Price is Right tour.

If Tyler Wilson is putting something together on the web like this, it should be a treat. Hopefully it turns into a full blown Mind****

Return to “Link Watch”