Remembering Henry Fields

Discuss the latest news and rumors in the magic world.
Diego

Remembering Henry Fields

Postby Diego » March 13th, 2012, 1:56 pm

I recently learned that mentalist Henry Fields had passed away on Jan.28th, in Palm Springs, and a memorial service was held on Feb. 26.

Unusual that he started in mentalism first, and later developed a greater interest in magic, rather than the other way around,that most do. Having been a graphic designer in the advertising world for many years, he developed advertising pieces and a marketing campaign for his mentalism show, to corporate clients, that was above and ahead what many others in magic were clueless about.

I professionally benefited from his advice on attracting and closing clients for shows.
On a personal note, he indirectly had a part in introducing me to Ms. Wonderful.
Whenever I would talk with Henry thru the years, he would ask, "Still together?!"
I'd reply, "Yes!"
(and still are).

Thanks Henry!

Diego

Re: Remembering Henry Fields

Postby Diego » March 13th, 2012, 1:56 pm

Henry H. Fields (1927 - 2012) | Visit Guest Book
Henry H. Fields

Henry Fields passed away on Saturday, January 28, 2012 after a short illness. He was born on April 15, 1927 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He knew from the age of 9 that he wanted to be an artist. He attended art school in Philadelphia and at age 16 was working in the art department of the Philadelphia Bulletin. He moved to Los Angeles in 1951, lived for awhile in Malibu then moved to Hollywood in 1964 where he worked as a graphic artist and professional photographer until his retirement. He also enjoyed a fun career as a magician, focusing in mentalism, and was a member of the Magic Castle in Hollywood for more than 35 years. He divided his time between his homes in Hollywood and Palm Springs, moving to Palm Springs full-time in 2009. He was an avid hiker and backpacker in the Sierras and San Jacinto Mountains and was a volunteer at San Jacinto State Park at the top of the tram for 9 years. He is survived by his partner, Margaret (Lucy) Brown of Palm Springs, his Niece, Gail Vinikoor of Meadowbrook, Pa., his grand nephew, Brian Vinikoor of Hollywood, 2 grand nieces, Lisa Vinikoor of Apex, N.C., and Julie Vinikoor of Meadowbrook, Pa. and his cousin, Steve Kress of Holland, Pa.. He led an interesting and creative life and will be greatly missed by all those who were privileged to know him. We will celebrate his wonderful life with a memorial on February 26, 2012.

Published in The Desert Sun on February 11, 2012

Stetson

Re: Remembering Henry Fields

Postby Stetson » March 30th, 2012, 8:27 pm

I had post this elsewhere upon learning of Henry's passing;

It is with heavy heart I must report the passing of My friend and one of my mentalism mentors Henry Fields passed away lat Saturday. I believe Henry was a PEA member early on.

After tracking Henry down, he did his best to talk me out of studying with him. I have many great stories about Henry that I'm just to sad to post at the moment.

Now, it's time to pull it together for tonight's show.

Return to “Buzz”