Fearson Intuition System?

Discuss general aspects of Genii.
El Harvey Oswald

Fearson Intuition System?

Postby El Harvey Oswald » February 29th, 2012, 6:59 pm

Am I missing something in finding this presentation completely underwhelming:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhk-9oWJSaE

Perhaps if he were to, say, guess not his own answers, but someone else's? I've always found a performer predicting his own responses to be a bit weak. No such thing as bad magic, only bad performers, of course; but, still.

The pitch amounts to his showing a card with "4" written on it; then, another with "chocolate" written on it -- both, granted, after he "asked" himself to provide a response; and finally some non-specific effusion about it being "awesome." That's it. Is this capital-s, System, so "awesome" that an actual performance is too risky? Not worth doing because a pretend performance is just as good?

Friendly advice: You'll sell more if the main pitch for your product isn't so ripe for ridicule. The thing might actually be good, if it's as described; but this clip is comically horrendous.

The Magic Apple

Re: Fearson Intuition System?

Postby The Magic Apple » March 1st, 2012, 12:00 pm

He has never been good with demo videos. It is a VERY odd video. The trick, however is VERY clever. It is as clean as he states. You ask a spectator to think of a number between 1 and 5. You jot down a number on a playing card and put the pen away. The name the number and you turn over the card to show that number. No Outs, No 'fishing'
You can also do something like this, ask a spectator to name 3 colors, one of them being their favorite. You write down one of the three, they name their favorite color, you turn over the card and there it is.
It is a normal looking object, no nail writing, just a quick mentalism peice.
You can't build a show around it and it isn't going to win any award, but it is a simple new little 'thing' you can add to your pockets. $25 may be a BIT steep for it, $20 is more like it but I'd say, give it a shot.
Just my 2 cents.
TheMagicApple.com
818-508-9921
Follow us: @The_Magic_Apple

El Harvey Oswald

Re: Fearson Intuition System?

Postby El Harvey Oswald » March 1st, 2012, 7:15 pm

I kind of suspected that the video didn't do justice to a pretty good/clever technique.

Return to “General”