Allan Kennedy Center Deal

Discuss your favorite close-up tricks and methods.
AlessandroPangia

Allan Kennedy Center Deal

Postby AlessandroPangia » February 10th, 2012, 3:11 pm

Does someone do that Center Dealing Method? I know Jared Kopf does it very well and Andrew Wimhurst uses a modified Kennedy Method and is excellent at it, that's why I bought "Down Under Deals". Anyway, I was surprised to see that no one discussed it, so it might be interesting to see the various answers and tips.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Allan Kennedy Center Deal

Postby Richard Kaufman » February 10th, 2012, 3:19 pm

I don't do a Center Deal, but watched Gene Maze perform his technique for many years, and it appeared entirely invisible. It's described in his book Gene Maze and the Art of Bottom Dealing (now out of print).
I've seen some folks do various Center Deal techniques, and if they're done well, none look any different than the others. It's really a matter of which one you are ABLE to do.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Kent Gunn

Postby Kent Gunn » February 10th, 2012, 4:11 pm

Alessandro,

Recently published by Vanishing Inc. is "Finding the Center"

Quotes from various cardmen.

"Congratulations on developing an excellent move for gambling demonstrations." Darwin Ortiz

"Great!" Roberto Giobbi

"If you want to learn the center deal - and who doesn't? - you have to get Finding the Center." Denis Behr

"I've come to the conclusion that Zuccaro's method is the best and most practical of all the methods in existence. My condolences to Mr. Allen Kennedy, Fred Robinson and Andrew Wimhurst." Jack Carpenter

"Your execution of the center deal is outstanding. I really admire your tenacity to come up with a method which is not only a great solution but authentic in relation to how the deal should look in a gambling demonstration. Michael Vincent

"A very fine, convincing center deal. A great contribution to an elite field of card manipulation." Andrew Wimhurst

I've gotten a copy quite recently directly from the author. You can get yours much quicker and pay less money if you order a copy here:

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/ ... he-center/

I'd toss in my two cents, as to my opinion of the book but I think I'll let the folks I quoted above do the heavy lifting.

Oh, and I'll second the opinion that Jared Kopf has the Kennedy deal down, stone cold. Jared, pound for pound is the best cardman in the world.
Last edited by Kent Gunn on February 10th, 2012, 4:15 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: There's only one L in the op's name.

AlessandroPangia

Postby AlessandroPangia » February 10th, 2012, 4:24 pm

Kent Gunn wrote:Alessandro,

Recently published by Vanishing Inc. is "Finding the Center"

Quotes from various cardmen.

"Congratulations on developing an excellent move for gambling demonstrations." Darwin Ortiz

"Great!" Roberto Giobbi

"If you want to learn the center deal - and who doesn't? - you have to get Finding the Center." Denis Behr

"I've come to the conclusion that Zuccaro's method is the best and most practical of all the methods in existence. My condolences to Mr. Allen Kennedy, Fred Robinson and Andrew Wimhurst." Jack Carpenter

"Your execution of the center deal is outstanding. I really admire your tenacity to come up with a method which is not only a great solution but authentic in relation to how the deal should look in a gambling demonstration. Michael Vincent

"A very fine, convincing center deal. A great contribution to an elite field of card manipulation." Andrew Wimhurst

I've gotten a copy quite recently directly from the author. You can get yours much quicker and pay less money if you order a copy here:

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/ ... he-center/

I'd toss in my two cents, as to my opinion of the book but I think I'll let the folks I quoted above do the heavy lifting.

Oh, and I'll second the opinion that Jared Kopf has the Kennedy deal down, stone cold. Jared, pound for pound is the best cardman in the world.

I have that book, and I'm very fortunate to say that one of his friends. His method is maybe the most practical method for gambling demos, especially for Blackjack or Draw ecc.

Mr. Kaufman, unfortunately I didn't have the pleasure of watching Gene Maze in person, but only by some videos I can tell he was one of the best cardmen ever lived, I have his book too, which is great and helped me with the Strike Bottom Deal. I agree, one method that is done well is equal to the others.

Return to “Close-Up Magic”